Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I'm not able to get xbmc dharma svn to autostart ... coming from xbmc live...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

after my problem with the remote is fixed thanks to your help I'm now facing a new problem:
I'm not able to get xbmc to start automatically. I'm always getting the login screen.

First the history:
- Installed xbmc using the xbmc-live karmic/camelot image
- Had a lot of fun...
- Upgraded the distribution to 10.4
- Installed latest ppa
- Remote did not work
- installed everything needed to compile
- compiled from svn
- uninstalled xbmc, xbmc-live and xbmc-standalone
- installed my own compiled version using "make install"

With that I'm now able to start xbmc using putty (ssh/telnet from windows) with the command "xinit xbmc" (and yay Wink remote does work again)
Just calling "xbmc" does give an error ("Error: unable to open display, FEH.py: cannot connect to X server")

I was hinted on this script to autostart:
http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/trunk/tools...ve/runXBMC

I put that script to "/etc/init.d" and did an "chmod +x filename" on it.

But it still does not autostart xbmc...
Any hints ? I do not have much expierence with linux... Is there a log I could look into to see whats going wrong with the script ?
Is it necessary to call the file "dontknow.sh" ?

Another idea I had was to reinstall xbmc, xbmc-live and xbmc standalone and then use "make install /usr" to install "over" the ppa version. Do you think that might work ?
*push*

Still stuck with this...

Any ideas ?

Should I trie to compile xbmc-live instead of xbmc (svn version) ?

Running make with "./configure --prefix:=/usr" currently - hoping that installing my svn "over" the xbmc-live ppa might work.

Any help would be highly appriciated...
Ok.. Installing my own svn compile to /usr instead of default /usr/local OVER xbmc-live ppa did the trick for me...

So I finally solve this by:
sudo apt-get install xbmc-live (this also brought xbmc-standalone automatically)

And in my svn xbmc directory:
./configure --prefix:=/usr
make
sudo make install

I'm talking to myself just in case someone else stumbles across the same problems...
I am currently having issues with 10.10 not being able to install from the SVN ppa, so I am trying this fix right now. hope it works
minibeardeath Wrote:I am currently having issues with 10.10 not being able to install from the SVN ppa, so I am trying this fix right now. hope it works

Me too - update if you get it work, eh?