Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Possible to have simultaneous SPDIF (pass-through) and HDMI output?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 (x64) with ALSA and it's running perfect through my SPDIF using pass-through. I'm also using HDMI for video-only (since my receiver is too old to support audio over HDMI).

Is it possible to simultaneously output the audio to SPDIF and HDMI so I can share my XBMC box?

Another snag is that I need the HDMI audio decoded since it's being passed straight-through to a couple of TVs that can't decode it.
I am pretty sure it is possible... but for some reason I can't find the post/thread that discusses it (found this post while looking for that other one).

My issue is slightly different. I have a Revo 1600. I am using a Turtle Beach USB TOSLINK adapter for my DTS/Digital audio. I haven't been able to figure out how to get audio (digital) through the USB AND downmixed or digital audio out of the HDMI as well. I have an old receiver that doesn't have HDMI (only optical) and my TV wont decode digital. I need audio from both outputs because I have several wireless speakers throughout the house that get stereo audio via the TV output (I know, sounds a little wierd... but didn't have any other options with my old receiver)

I saw a thread a while back that detailed modifying your ALSA config to add a "XBMC" device that was setup to use both outputs... can't seem to find it now.

Anyone available to help out? I can manually switch between audio outputs in settings (works fine both ways), but I can't get both....
Found that other thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...mi+optical

Will see if I can post my question in that thread... seems like it has most of the details regarding configs....