Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Network Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running the 9.11 live edition installed to my hard drive, i was looking in the wiki to change the ip address or just to find out what it is but the wiki settings are for an old version and i feel like the settings of 9.11 are limited. Is there a way to get a more advance setting page in 9.11 because i cant find out how to set a static ip address in the gui. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Never mind i completely missed the "second" settings option that slides out to the right when you hover over settings. Thanks anyways.
I don't know if you can do it from the GUI. You can ssh into the box, or go to the terminal and do it manually though.

You need to edit the /etc/network/interfaces file to look something like the example here.

You can do 'sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces' to edit it form the terminal.
So nevermind again you can not change the settings in that section. I remember there being a way to change settings in an older version of xbmc, is this a limitation of xbmc live?
in the xbox you could, but not in xbmc live, network changes have to be done at the OS level, can't be done within the XBMC application.

It isn't a limitation as much as it's just that xbmc is running as an application on top of an OS (linux, windows, OSX) and network settings are at the OS level.
ok sounds good, thank you both for the responses.