Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sorry to ask...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There was a post made at the Mediabrowser forums about XBMC so I thought I would check it out. I have installed it and so far got it to import my movies and use IMDB to scan for the data. I have also read through some of the documentation however I do have a couple of questions.

1) I know mymovies.xml cant be used for data, can i ask why?
Nont all of my movies can be found, they are all in the same sort of folder structure:

I:\HD\Movie (year)
\title.mkv
\backdrop.png
\folder.png
\mymovies.xml

2) A lot of the images it does download seem to be stretched or missing, especially for tv shows (tried to take a screenshot but it wouldnt let me?)

3) I have an Emprex remote control, the play, pause and some other buttons work but many do not - I couldnt find (used search) a way to make the remote control work with xbmc instead of 7MC (for example the big Media Center button).

Thank you
tonemapped Wrote:3) I have an Emprex remote control, the play, pause and some other buttons work but many do not - I couldnt find (used search) a way to make the remote control work with xbmc instead of 7MC (for example the big Media Center button).

If that's the Emprex RF remote you'll need to use a helper application like Eventghost to make it work with XBMC. There was a thread on this recently in the XBMC for Windows Specific Support forum so I'd do a search there.

JR
here is a screenshot with the tv show pictures

Regarding the screenshot, you need to switch viewmodes. The mode you're in there is not intended for use with the "banner" style TV Show icons, which you seem to have. Which skin are you using? A few skins (e.g., Aeon) don't support banner icons.
Looks like the skin you are using want's landscape thumbs, rather than banners
tonemapped Wrote:1) I know mymovies.xml cant be used for data, can i ask why?
Nont all of my movies can be found, they are all in the same sort of folder structure:
How do you know this? Actually as far as I know, it is.
How do you set contents (on what folder and using what options)?

Also please use more descriptive topics in the future, such topics are not likely to draw in those who know stuff.