Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Question about Music "now playing" display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks.

Running Dharma Beta 1 (didn't notice the Beta 2 update a month ago, so I need to download that...) and I got a question about the now playing display for music.

I run one of the visualizations while listening to music (can't remember the name). When a new song comes on, the CD cover pops up in the bottom left and the song/artist/album/format/stars info pops up on the bottom right of my TV. Eventually, though that info disappears. Is there a way that I can get it to not disappear and always be up?

I've checked various settings, but have yet to find the one I want.

Thanks for your help.
once it disappears, press 'i'.

with 'i', you can toggle between 'always visible' and 'auto hide after x seconds'.
ronie Wrote:once it disappears, press 'i'.

with 'i', you can toggle between 'always visible' and 'auto hide after x seconds'.

That's exactly what I wanted. Thanks a bunch.
There is also a setting in the advancedsettings.xml that you can set for it to display for "x" number of seconds when the song changes. You can set it to something high like "900" and it would display for the entire song.
0 = infinity.
Thanks spiff... I may have overlooked something, but I figured that 0 would cause it not to display at all. Thanks.
while i follow your reasoning that would be a rather useless "feature" Smile
spiff Wrote:while i follow your reasoning that would be a rather useless "feature" Smile

Not if someone just wanted to play the songs without the info coming up. Smile