Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Edit IMDB scraper for single studio entry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just want to share this, because it took me a while to figure this out. The IMDB scraper fetches too many studios by default, which will break skin compatibility for studio icons. This is fixed by editing imdb.xml in metadata.imdb.com:

Code:
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;studio&gt;\1&lt;/studio&gt;" dest="5+">
                <expression repeat="no">"/company/[^&gt;]+&gt;([^&lt;]+)&lt;/a&gt;</expression>

so just change "yes" to "no" in field expression repeat.
Big_Noid Wrote:Just want to share this, because it took me a while to figure this out. The IMDB scraper fetches too many studios by default, which will break skin compatibility for studio icons. This is fixed by editing imdb.xml in metadata.imdb.com:

Code:
                <expression repeat="no">"/company/[^&gt;]+&gt;([^&lt;]+)&lt;/a&gt;</expression>

so just change "yes" to "no" in field expression repeat.

Maybe this could be submitted as a patch for the imdb scraper and used in the settings to toggle whether to just retrieve the first studio or all of them as the scraper currently does. When it retrieves multiple studios it does seem that skins then won't show a studio icon.

Or the other questions, should skins be updated to figure out what the studio icon should be when there are multiple studios listed?
Skins can't really 'work out' when to use one studio when there are multiples so getting this added to the scraper options is the best idea.
after some discussion we're gonna do this in the repo. i can't see why anyone would need to know a gazillion studios per movie.
spiff Wrote:after some discussion we're gonna do this in the repo. i can't see why anyone would need to know a gazillion studios per movie.

LOL!:p
spiff Wrote:after some discussion we're gonna do this in the repo. i can't see why anyone would need to know a gazillion studios per movie.
Thanks all.

EDIT: Should probably request this on the trac but the option to limit the number of genres stored for each movie would also be great (and is now, after this fix, the only thing stopping me from doing away with EMM altogether).
Hitcher Wrote:Thanks all.

EDIT: Should probably request this on the trac but the option to limit the number of genres stored for each movie would also be great (and is now, after this fix, the only thing stopping me from doing away with EMM altogether).

I now only use EMM for the extrathumbs. But I don't store movie.nfo and fanart/folder.jpg anymore. The native scraper is far better, it is the only scraper that gives me working trailers for example.
FYI - This has been done yesterday evening

Grab IMDb scraper version 2.1.0 in case you haven't done it already.

Limiting genres cannot be done on scraper level, that would require XBMC code modification. I mean currently we can only do one or all.
problem is that limiting the amount of genres is trivial, making sure you get the main one(s) is harder.
Understandable, thanks.
Has this been implemented in other scrapers such as tmdb?
I've been having some trouble with imdb scraper lately so I started using themoviedb scraper as alternative. This still has the multiple studio entry enabled. Fixed by editing this in tmdb.xml:
Code:
                <expression noclean="1" repeat="no">&lt;studio name=&quot;([^&quot;]*)&quot;</expression>
            </RegExp>

Can this also be changed in the repo, as it has been done with imdb scraper?