Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Web Interface Addon] Web iPad Interface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
**Update**

- new side menu design
- added playlist option - double tap to add movie, then tap to open window with selected movies.

- still needs cleanup

Hi,

Was wondering if there was intrest out there,

Got sick of waiting for people to develop a nice and simple interface to view and select movies on an ipad to play on the tv.

I have an apple TV and it sucks when you have a couple of hundred of movies and you need to scroll through each one with a remote, to get to what you want.

So I put together a quick, simple web interface for the ipad to view and select a movie, the UI is not finished and heaps of code clean up needs to occur, but I though if anyone is intrested I am willing to release it as a addon (soonish).

This is build with the new json-rpc.

Current has:
- Pagination
- View recent/All
- show only recent unplayed movies (playcount=0)
- different shading depending on playcount

I want to add:
- tap to view movie details with some nice webkit-transform effect (3d rotate)
- double tap to add to a local queue, - short list of movies to watch
- link to imdb

PS: this are just test movies to get covers and info for the display, so no movie bashings Smile
Hell WOOT yes, I am sick of looking at the little app i have for iPhone.

2 questions though..
1. Can web interface cache the images?
2. is it possible to update library through web interface?
UserInterface Wrote:Hell WOOT yes, I am sick of looking at the little app i have for iPhone.

2 questions though..
1. Can web interface cache the images?
2. is it possible to update library through web interface?

1. Will have to look into that
2. Def can, there is a json-rpc command, should be simple enough. Though tracking when its finished updating isn't - though would be cool.

Another thing - I dont want to make this into a huge remote, only for selection of movies.

FYI, currently it takes about 1-2 sec locally to display the page with 16 movies.
Ilia Wrote:1. Will have to look into that
2. Def can, there is a json-rpc command, should be simple enough. Though tracking when its finished updating isn't - though would be cool.

Another thing - I dont want to make this into a huge remote, only for selection of movies.

FYI, currently it takes about 1-2 sec locally to display the page with 16 movies.

Nah I don't care about any other function for that I can use the other remote.
It is more just if you want to start a movie and it's not in the list then it would be cool to kick off the scan.

Not a show stopper, as I can get up and use the keyboard \ remote. It's just the one thing that I thought would be good on the iPad web interface (also thought that I can port forward, and run scan before I leave work. This is what I currently do with the iphone app so once again not a big issue for me)
Ilia Wrote:FYI, currently it takes about 1-2 sec locally to display the page with 16 movies.

Thats not bad, it is way worse on my iphone app.
Takes about 5 seconds for each screen, and that normally holds 3
might just add some "loading" dialogs, to make it seem quick Smile

With the updating of the library check out the autoupdate addon in the plugins thread - I set that up so that it auto updates every hour by itself Rolleyes.
Ilia Wrote:1. Will have to look into that

For number 2 add a feature request for announcements and cc me or malard, seems like a valid announcement. However announcements aren't transmitted on http so I know you might not want / need it Smile
topfs2 Wrote:For number 2 add a feature request for announcements and cc me or malard, seems like a valid announcement. However announcements aren't transmitted on http so I know you might not want / need it Smile

Will do if its an major issue.

The one that I do want though, is "nowPlayingMovie" - I know it has been discussed, would this make it into the final dharma?
Anything Ipad ready and good quality is welcome since we lack on both so fare. :-)
Ilia Wrote:Will do if its an major issue.

The one that I do want though, is "nowPlayingMovie" - I know it has been discussed, would this make it into the final dharma?

Well we announce when playback have started, your free to probe for information about the playing item when you get this announcement. We try to keep the announcements to just have enough data for the clients to know what to do, if we send to much clients might get more than they need and since there is no filtering of announcements its better to let them ask for what they need IMO.
Ilia Wrote:might just add some "loading" dialogs, to make it seem quick Smile

With the updating of the library check out the autoupdate addon in the plugins thread - I set that up so that it auto updates every hour by itself Rolleyes.

Yeah, mine is set to every 2 hours, but i find that I still use the iphone app 1-2 times a night.
Now if XBMC could monitor folders for changes that would sort it.
Thank you! I been looking for a solution! I just started using HD Remote... but came here to see if an iPad free option was out.
some progress, see first post
Glad to see that someone start with this Smile
So far I'm still lack of iPad, but I may have a little suggestion.

IMHO, paging system may not give best experience in browsing movie title.
It may irritating that we need to tap several times, and if we miss a title and already going to next page, we may should remember how many tap that we already go.
Again IMHO, just use scrollable page to shown your tiled movie cover just like the iBooks app. As you can use the inertial scrolling from the safari.

Also it might good too if using something like cover-flow. There are already several open-source java-script library project to mimicking it. I'm thinking to implement it too in my own project (already on XBMC repo), just need to find a good time to re-learn and implement.
I don't know where i can try this add on ?
how do you download it ? in Add-on i can't see it. i can't find a zip file.

thx Smile
Pages: 1 2