Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Linux Systems for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Since i have some trouble with Ubuntu minimal i thought about other Linux distributions to use XBMC. Has anyone some experience with different Linux system? I heard about the openelec.tv project. What do you think about it?

What is the best Linux System for you to use XBMC?
The best Linux Distro for XBMC is ubuntu.

Whats the issue you're experiencing?
m.bluemle Wrote:Hi!

Since i have some trouble with Ubuntu minimal i thought about other Linux distributions to use XBMC. Has anyone some experience with different Linux system? I heard about the openelec.tv project. What do you think about it?

What is the best Linux System for you to use XBMC?

Depends on what you are looking for. I am using openelc.tv. It makes your htcp a true set top box, almost granny proof.

It works out of the box with most systems and is easy to update. It has a super fast boot (linux distro + xbmc <100MB). And finally it has great support, if you need a driver i it will be included.

I would give it a try. If you need help you can check irc #openelec or the forum.
The team recommend XBMC Live. Haven't tried OpenELEC.tv myself but I now he is frequent here and it seems like a great project!