Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Live - Dharma Beta 3 OpenGL rendering issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

From trying all sorts of things to get my audio playback without stutter on my XBMC Live machine, i today tried Dharma beta 3 and i ran into more problems.

Specs:
AMD Phenom X2 945
Asus M4A785G motherboard (integrated Radeon HD4200)
Audio/Video via HDMI to Denon amp

Issue:
Booting of the Live disc, i see the XBMC loading screen then a dialog box with the message:

"XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL Rendering. Install an appropriate graphics driver." See the wiki etc... for supported h/w.

I haven't come across display issues besides underscanning in other versions, however this version has completely got me stumped.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Much Appreciated,

SleekY
I just ran into the same issue. I loaded the XBMC Live Dharma Beta 3 disc into my laptop to use BDW to create a USB drive for another discless PC... Part way in, it stopped loading and gave me the same error. I did the exact same thing with Beta 2 and it worked great. Any ideas what going on with this? I could use unetbootin 4.94... I just wanted to try BDW again.

My laptop's specs are below.

Dell StudioXPS16
Corei7
ATI Mobility Radeon HD4670
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Thanks in advance.
well i've had some success regarding the video output.

I went into terminal and ran the 'aticonfig --initial' command as i found that i did not have an xorg.conf file in my X11.

I now have video, however it is underscanning - no biggy.. i'll try work this part out (setting the XBMC settings to 720p) seems to correct the issue for some reason even though i'm using a full hd samsung Tv.

i now have audio issues - soon as a working output for audio is enabled, sound is very very jerky and video freezes along with the audio constantly. I have posted about this in other threads but no help at this stage Sad