Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot rewind with Apple Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When playing back video files I cannot rewind using my Apple Remote (old style white one). Holding down the right button will fast forward but holding the left does nothing. Skipping forward and backwards works perfectly. I've check my keycap.XML and all looks to be in order.

Anyone got any ideas as to what could be the problem?

On a related topic, I think that the up/down buttons should skip ahead/back in 10 minute intervals like the old Xbox used to and not adjust the volume. What do people think?
Does anyone else have this issue with the Apple Remote not rewinding or is it just me?
Bump
Seriously am I the only one with this problem? I don't want to be a pain but can someone in the know please at least reply and let me know whether I am alone? If you need anything from me please let me know.
CloudDweller Wrote:When playing back video files I cannot rewind using my Apple Remote (old style white one). Holding down the right button will fast forward but holding the left does nothing. Skipping forward and backwards works perfectly. I've check my keycap.XML and all looks to be in order.

Anyone got any ideas as to what could be the problem?
post your debug log of you trying to rewind

CloudDweller Wrote:On a related topic, I think that the up/down buttons should skip ahead/back in 10 minute intervals like the old Xbox used to and not adjust the volume. What do people think?

you can customize .xml to your liking
Thanks for your replies to my post. Here is a link to my systems files as requested.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8136489/XBMC.zip

If you need anything else then just let me know, By the way i just updated to RC2 and still no change.
CloudDweller Wrote:Thanks for your replies to my post. Here is a link to my systems files as requested.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8136489/XBMC.zip

If you need anything else then just let me know, By the way i just updated to RC2 and still no change.

it doesnt look like you had debugging enabled, please post the log on pastebin.com site
Okay here is a copy of my log file with debugging enabled.

http://pastebin.com/nFEZguqH
Did my log file show anything strange or untoward going on?
I can confirm the same issue. I've noticed this issue for quite some time now. Basically, pressing and holding the left button on the Apple remote doesn't respond, whether it's rewinding or going back.
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with this issue (sorry migueld that you're also experiencing this though). I thought I was going a little mad as I even re-installed my whole system to see if the issue would correct itself but alas is didn't
Hi,

My case is different, but I've noticed that after upgrade XBMC to RC1 using apple remote I can't scroll through items in the on screen menu, like selecting audio track or so. I'm having this issue on two mac minis with 10.6.5, and upgrade to RC2 didn't fix it. Funny enough, I have no problems on my AppleTV runnning XBMC RC2 along with CHD.

I tried to put xml file that I've found here in the forums to appropriate folder at the mini, but it gave me no change...

Cheers Wink
So does anyone know from looking at my log, why I can't rewind using my Apple remote?
Anyone? It's been over two months now since I first posted with various RC's plus a final release since and still no word as to why I can't rewind any of my media. Please does anyone have any ideas?
Pages: 1 2