Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lirc/xbmc unresponsive after idle resolved!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had a problem with getting xbmc to respond after it had been idle for a while. I posted here about the problem: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82853

I made a guess that the problem was with lircd and not xbmc as I could still send xbmc-send commands to the interface which worked.

Well, long story short is that I upgraded from from lirc 0.8.6 which shipped with Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS to 0.8.7 released *Sept 6th 2010* that I compiled myself. So far the remote responds better than ever before and I haven't seen the hang after idle problem return.

As this has been my only issue with the Dharma builds I'll be very happy to put this one to bed.
russg, did upgrading to 0.8.7 really solve the idle problem in the end?

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 with Lirc 0.8.7-pre3 and I have exactly the same problem. If the system is idle for a while, the remote no longer works.

When XBMC begins to ignore the commands, irw receives no commands either and restarting the lirc service does nothing. As far as I can tell a system restart is the only way to fix it when it gets in this state Sad

I've been googling for a while without any luck. As a last resort I'm thinking that maybe moving to 11.04 might help (looks like I would go from lirc 0.8.7~pre3-0ubuntu1 to 0.8.7-ubuntu4.1).