Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Dharma Beta 3 with 2.6.32-24-generic kernel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I installed Beta 3 yesterday my remote failed to work, after some testing I figured out it relate to the new 6.2.32-25 kernel the Beta 3 is installed with.

Can I change what kernel to install some how?

I tried to install the old 6.2.32-24 kernel with apt-get but when I boot on that XBMC won't start...

Help me please =)

PS: Thanks for a kick ass product the XBMC team!
asrock ion330ht ? if so i've heard blacklisting the ir-core module works.
spiff Wrote:asrock ion330ht ? if so i've heard blacklisting the ir-core module works.

Nope it's a MPlay Blast remote and USB reciver. It works in Dharma LIVE Beta 2 with have the 6.2.32-24 kernel.

Works in XBMC Live 9.04 but not in 9.11 =\

So can I some how edit the XBMC install to run 6.2.32-24 kernel?
well that's simple, apt-get install the old kernel, apt-get remove the new one.
spiff Wrote:well that's simple, apt-get install the old kernel, apt-get remove the new one.

Yes, I did that but then XBMC won't start... do I have to reinstall the Nvidia drivers or something to work with the old kernel?
hrm i thought we had the dkms added. if that's not the case you have to rebuild the kernel module yeah.
spiff Wrote:asrock ion330ht ? if so i've heard blacklisting the ir-core module works.

Can you please let me know how to get the asrock ion330ht working? How do I blacklist the ir-core module?

Thank you so much! Kind of a command line newb Wink
i don't know yet - i only heard rumors Smile

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/avoid-linu...ading.html (not quality checked, first hit on google) shows you how to blacklist a module.
Thank you spiff I will try tonight!
spiff Wrote:hrm i thought we had the dkms added. if that's not the case you have to rebuild the kernel module yeah.

Yepp that did the trick. I downloaded the Nvidia driver, reinstalled and now everything is perfect =) Boots a hell of a lot faster then the old 9.04 I have been running, Nice!