Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Episode in NFO not used
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good afternoon all,

I have a show "Fairly OddParents" where most tv episodes consist of two 15 min clips. So I had my files labeled 1x01A, 1x01B, 1x02A... etc.

I found XBMC and I love it, however of course it had issues scraping this show. It showed that I had double of each episode.

While searching around for a work around to this I read up on using NFO files to store episode information and pictures locally. While using a third party tool I was able to correct the episode information for all the epsidoes. When adding them into XBMC only one episode of each season gets added, it ignores all the rest.

Here is my debug log: http://pastebin.ca/1963527

Did I miss something? Or is there an option to force XBMC to use episode numbers from the NFO instead of the media file.

Here is the NFO files of the first 2 episodes just in case: http://pastebin.ca/1963531
Unless something has changed recently (which is certainly possible, xbmc changes quickly) - stacking has not been implemented for tv show episodes yet. This means that it simply won't support what you are trying to do currently.

The only solution I have (and what I myself have done in the same situation) is to use a muxer and remux the 2 files into a single file. According to the documentation stacking for episodes is something that is planned eventually, you could of course just wait for it, but I don't have any idea how long that will be.

Either that or simply fake it with the nfos - but your episode numbers will necessarily have to be changed, i.e. part 2 of episode 1 will need to be set to episode 2, etc. etc.... So you will end up with double the number of episodes than the season actually has, but xbmc will at least deal with it correctly.

Personally, unless you do manual nfos anyway it is probably easier in the long run to remux them...

Scratch option two - I didn't look at your nfos... You did that already. It should be working - not sure what the problem is there.

Looked at this some more... I think you would have to rename your files anyway - the episode numbers have to be set properly even when using custom nfo. Again, I strongly suggest remuxing - you are asking for trouble going this route...
Thank you for your quick response.

I just finished reading about stacking and even though that would sound interesting to add to the experience it wasn't quite what I was trying to accomplish.

When looking at the log, for example my media file 1x02A and 1x02B both appear to XBMC as episode 2 and my NFO says they are episode 3 and 4 respectfully, XBMC doesn't seem to like that and ignores my file saying there is nothing to scrap.

Im positive its reading the NFO files because if I modify another TV show that is working in XBMC and change the episode tag to something other then what the media file says it is. When I re-scan it in XBMC that particular episode no longer shows up and I get the same error in the log.
djblooregard Wrote:When looking at the log, for example my media file 1x02A and 1x02B both appear to XBMC as episode 2 and my NFO says they are episode 3 and 4 respectfully, XBMC doesn't seem to like that and ignores my file saying there is nothing to scrap.

That is what I mean by the naming has to match the nfo for episodes... It doesnt matter what you put in the nfo - xbmc uses the filename first, if they don't match each other (i.e. the filename says episode 2 but the nfo says episode 3 or 4 or whatever) it doesn't work. The problem is the tvshow stuff is driven by the tvhsow.nfo file, and it uses that to find the eipisode files (so when it goes looking for episode x it doesn't care what is in the nfo, it is the filename that tells it is is episode x)

Try renaming the files AND using custom nfos... That might let you accomplish what you are trying to do... also, I believe that unless you manually create a custom tvhsow.nfo (if you didnt already) to go along with the episode nfos it is only going to grab half of them, but that is just a guess. Like i said, its easier to remux Wink
Then why have a season or episode tag if they mean nothing and if they don't jive with the media file it causes headache later on?

Just asking, not trying to be an arse. lol

Im not fond of the idea of modifying the files and clipping them together. Would like to keep each clip separate. But I noticed that a few of my Fosters Home episodes are 2 clips in one episode/file so I might take a serious look at that option.

I just tried doing an alias of a few episode using the more acceptable episode listing and it appears XBMC doesn't like alias, lol, fun times.