Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know the sticky says not to ask about this stuff here, and I really do want to obey Smile... but where do I go to ask about build issues? I HAVE done builds before successfully (many times) but for some reason the last few days after I update from svn my build compiles cleanly but won't run (using VS2008 on Win7 64 - DirectX build)...

I can build and run a debug build against my (old) build home, but when I do a release build and install it it fails with:

Code:
Faulting application name: XBMC.exe, version: 10.5.0.0, time stamp: 0x4cb8f5b0
Faulting module name: XBMC.exe, version: 10.5.0.0, time stamp: 0x4cb8f5b0
Exception code: 0xc0000417
Fault offset: 0x00617f56
Faulting process id: 0x678
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb6cce859023f0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe
Report Id: c3432710-d8c1-11df-bd92-58b0358cdef8

I have been trying for 2 days to get this working... Nothing in the xbmc log - it faults before it even gets a chance to write to the log. I assume since I can run against my debug build home it is a library issue, but I don't have a clue which library because everything seems to be fine in the actual compile logs. If I install Dharma beta 3 it runs fine, but if I compile any head revisions as a release exe (revision 3477, but I have tried about 10 or 12 since yesterday) and copy it to the install folder it just dies when I run it (no modifications - just straight from head). I also tried doing a complete buildinstall and installing that, but same fault.

Anybody wanna throw me a bone? I was working on a patch and did an svn update 2 days ago and ever since Ive been stuck... Is it just me?
I am also having xbmc.exe crashes on DX builds no matter vs2008 or vs2010 compiled, using Windows XP and Windows 7 to compile
My self compiled xbmc.exe (dx) also crash. It's working with r34721 but not with r34722.

Forgot to mention I was using Trunk... Decided to switch to Dharma branch instead, which is working fine.
Here xbmc crashes too at startup. Rev. 34851 error 0xc0000417 on xp sp3. Huh
Well obviously no one is going to clue us in on the issue... I'm going to keep trying builds every couple of days - Ill post if I have any success for the others who have the same problem.

btw - the Dharma branch does work.

I'm perfectly fine with trunk being busted for the time being, was just hoping for a little info as the the nature of the problem - is there somewhere else I should be looking to to get this kind of info?
There's another thread about this and it looks like they found the problem.

blinkseb Wrote:We've found the problem and elupus is working on it. It shouldn't be long before it's fixed!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83456
Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for. I never though to look on the support forum about build issues...