Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc apt-get upgrade problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title states I did an apt-get upgrade hoping to go from dharma2 to dharma3 but now all i get is tty screen.
try to start xbmc and i get an error about there being no x server.
I know this is something simple but i have googled and cant seem to find the answer i need

Thanks in advance
Phear
Tried to install xbmc and NVIDIA restricted drivers after apt-get upgrade?
uninstalled and reinstall xbmc.
tried update of driver for nvidia but didnt work so I uninstalled the nvidia drivers and im not sure how to reinstall them now.

Thanks
Phear
Try something like this:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nvidia-vdpau/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-cache search nvidia | grep source
In the output of the apt-cache command find the desired version and install it with a command like:

sudo apt-get install nvidia-190-kernel-source nvidia-glx-190 nvidia-settings mesa-utils libvdpau-dev
phear Wrote:As the title states I did an apt-get upgrade hoping to go from dharma2 to dharma3 but now all i get is tty screen.
try to start xbmc and i get an error about there being no x server.
I know this is something simple but i have googled and cant seem to find the answer i need

Thanks in advance
Phear

I've updated the announcement on xbmc.org with some info that I should've added in the beginning. Upgrades are _very_ unlikely to work earlier than beta3. This should be resolved now. Sorry, it's the price of using beta software Wink

Reinstall with Live b3 and you should be in good shape.

TheUni