Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDMI to 3RCA no signal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum so i hope i'm doing right.

I have a Zotac MAG, Nvidia ion HTPC running on Ubuntu 10.01 and Dharma.
The MAG has to ways to connect a display VGA or HDMI. The VGA works fine when connected to a monitor.
My TV doesn't have HDMI but i do want to enjoy my media on it. Since i don't have the money to buy an new tv yet, I ordered a cable: HDMI to 3RCA
unfortunately I don't get a signal on my TV.

Does anybody know how to set it up?

I've found some post pointing towards the
Code:
/etc/X11/xorg.conf
But i doen't even know if thats the right way to go let alone how to change it.

I really hope you guys could help me out here so I to can enjoy the wonderfull things that XBMC has to offer!

-------------------------------------------------------
ruben_zeegers Wrote:Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum so i hope i'm doing right.

I have a Zotac MAG, Nvidia ion HTPC running on Ubuntu 10.01 and Dharma.
The MAG has to ways to connect a display VGA or HDMI. The VGA works fine when connected to a monitor.
My TV doesn't have HDMI but i do want to enjoy my media on it. Since i don't have the money to buy an new tv yet, I ordered a cable: HDMI to 3RCA
unfortunately I don't get a signal on my TV.

Does anybody know how to set it up?

I've found some post pointing towards the
Code:
/etc/X11/xorg.conf
But i doen't even know if thats the right way to go let alone how to change it.

I really hope you guys could help me out here so I to can enjoy the wonderfull things that XBMC has to offer!

-------------------------------------------------------

The cable will not work. You need an adapter that converts to component video.

http://www.audioauthority.com/product_details/1366

the Zotac comes with a DVI to PC (RGB) adapter. I'm not aware of an available adapter to go directly from the DVI port other than those designed for some older ATI video cards.
Dobyken Wrote:The cable will not work. You need an adapter that converts to component video.

http://www.audioauthority.com/product_details/1366

the Zotac comes with a DVI to PC (RGB) adapter. I'm not aware of an available adapter to go directly from the DVI port other than those designed for some older ATI video cards.

Thank you for your response Dobyken,

The discription of the cable made me believe otherwise, did I misinterped it or was I mislead.
Quote:The VGA RCA cable can connect your HDMI-equipped device to your monitor or TV set, high-definition DVD player, HDTV receiver, projector, A/V receiver, playstation system.