Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Keyboard not working when tabbing in and out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah the title pretty much says it all.

When i ex. tab out of XBMC to go to a webpage (or something els) - then when i tab back into XBMC my keyboard is non-responsive? My mouse isn't thogh, even though my mouse is physically located on my keyboard (diNovo Edge).

Am I the only one having this problem? and can it be fixed? I'm using Alaska revisited mod...

Cheers
If you're using any version of XBMC prior to Dharma beta 2 this is a known bug and the solution is to upgrade to Dharma beta 3.

JR
Okay - Thanks mate.
Hello.
I have a similar problem using Logitech Pro 2800 Cordless keyboard.
This problem showed itself after installing Dharma beta 2.

My problem is that the keyboard turns almost unresponsive after sometime while watching a movie/tv-series.
F.ex. if I pause a video and the screen goes into pause screen, the only thing I can with keyboard is to get out of pause screen by pushing a random key , but not starting the video again using space or in the menu scrolling with arrows and so on.

I can restart XBMC and then it works again for a while.

Any suggestion on what it can be?

Thx
Turn on debug logging, start then pause a video then press space a few times. Close XBMC then put the debug log (%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log) on pastebin.com for us to have a look at. The debug log will show us what keystroke XBMC thinks it's receiving.

JR
http://homersdk.pastebin.com/CAanuFPF

The keyboard "failure" happened at about 21.54 time.
So it took about one hour to show itself, i pushed pause, stop, start, I (info) and used mouse while I was watching.
I ended by pressing space a few time.

Hope this help.

Thx again
Looking at the keyboard presses from 21:54 on, the CApplication::OnKey shows three different key codes, 192544, 192585 and 192539. Converting these to hex gives:

192544 = 2F020 = shift-space
192585 = 2F049 = shift-i
192539 = 2F01B = shift-escape

so the keyboard and/or XBMC thinks the shift key is being held down. Next time it happens try pressing and releasing the shift key a few times.

JR
Yes. That's it. Pressing the shift key once makes the keyboard work again.
So now the question is, why does XBMC and/or keyboard thinks that the shift key is being held down?
I didn't had this problem before Dharma was installed, so it might be some XBMC bug?
But at least I have a solution.
I tried to watch a couple of episode without using the mouse and it seems that it's not happening.
So maybe some mouse action is the problem here (logitech MX620).