Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc Live version not deinterlacing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed xbmc Live version on an internal HDD on a ASROCK ION 330.

It works great with most of the videos, but the videos coming from my sony HDR-CX 150 which are in avchd 1080i format with .mts extension do not seem to deinterlace properly. There are jagged lines.

I have enabled deinterlacing. Please help.
I had that problem on 9.11 haven't seen it in the new Beta's
You need to configure deinterlacing afaik, it's not gonna do it automatically (well it might be set to 'Auto' but that doesn't always give the best results).
While the videos in question are playing, I tried different deinterlacing settings, but none give any satisfactory result. I am using the live version posted on xbmc's web site download page, not any beta version.

Is this a well-known problem or something that the devs might not be aware of for avchd interlaced videos are considered a rarity?

.:B:. Wrote:You need to configure deinterlacing afaik, it's not gonna do it automatically (well it might be set to 'Auto' but that doesn't always give the best results).
You mean 9.11? If so, you should consider using the betas. I don't know how (and if) vdpau supports deinterlacing.