Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [DEPRECATED] PicasaWeb - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(2013-04-01, 21:39)emagin Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to hook Picasa starred photos into the XBMC screensaver?
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, thought I would check.

There seems to be no way to get STARRED photos from Picasa (desktop) or Picasa Web to show up anywhere.
Any ideas

First, just to be clear this addon does not and never will have anything to do with the Picasa desktop Smile

I don't regularly use the addon, so I did a quick web search, and it looks like you can star photos in the desktop application, and then they show up in a special album called 'Starred Photos' on picasaweb.

If I'm wrong about the above let me know.

Anyway, you should be able to use my Plugin Slideshow Screensaver (not the XBMC Slideshow Screensaver) addon to view these photos.
In the settings for the addon you can navigate the plugin to the 'Starred Photos' album. The screensaver will then display those photos.

You can get my screensaver addon by installing my repo from the zip in the link in my signature.
Roger that! Worked great. Thank you!

(2013-04-01, 21:58)ruuk Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, you should be able to use my Plugin Slideshow Screensaver (not the XBMC Slideshow Screensaver) addon to view these photos.
In the settings for the addon you can navigate the plugin to the 'Starred Photos' album. The screensaver will then display those photos.
Hi.

First, I'd like to say a big thank you for a really useful plugin. I am using the Picasa photo plugin along with the Slideshow plugin linking to Picasa.

I have a feature request, which is it would be great if the Slideshow plugin can cache the photos read from Picasa.

This would mean that at startup, if there was no Internet connection available, that photos would still be displayed rather than the "Connection Refused" error that occurs at the moment.

Secondly (some people always want more, don't they!), another neat feature would be to periodically refresh the Picasa Album list so if the photos change while viewing, that the Slideshow incorporates them. It may already do this of course... I've not tried yet.

Anyways, thank you for a really useful addon.

RW.
(2013-05-15, 05:56)realwarder Wrote: [ -> ]I have a feature request, which is it would be great if the Slideshow plugin can cache the photos read from Picasa.

This would mean that at startup, if there was no Internet connection available, that photos would still be displayed rather than the "Connection Refused" error that occurs at the moment.
I could probably do something there. Could you describe a scenario that represents how you use the addon? That will help me make decide how to implement the caching.
(2013-05-15, 05:56)realwarder Wrote: [ -> ]Secondly (some people always want more, don't they!), another neat feature would be to periodically refresh the Picasa Album list so if the photos change while viewing, that the Slideshow incorporates them. It may already do this of course... I've not tried yet.
No. it doesn't do that now. My assumption was that as a media center screensaver, it will be running for relatively short periods of time, so refreshing every time the screensaver loads was sufficient.
It sounds like you must have atypical usage habits (well, atypical to my assumptions anyway Smile ) which is another reason why it would help if you describe how you use it.
In any case, I could probably add that as well.

Also, just FYI, there is a thread for the Plugin Screensaver at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153057. Probably we should move the discussion over there as that is the addon in question Smile
(2013-05-15, 19:47)ruuk Wrote: [ -> ]I could probably do something there. Could you describe a scenario that represents how you use the addon? That will help me make decide how to implement the caching.

Sorry for the delay in answering... I thought I would get an email when a reply occurred on the forum.

To answer the usage question (which will also explain the delay in my response a little too). We have some Rasberry Pi's setup at a church running xbmc and your addons in the entrance hall ways. By loading Picasa albums for the various locations the units, thanks to your software, we can display slideshows of the images we upload to Picasa. That way the TVs show a cycling presentation of info slides.

My requests were based on these thoughts:
- Internet is not guaranteed - if DSL goes down then so do all the displays
- If we leave these running all the time (people forget to unplug little PC's), then if they auto-refreshed the folder, they'd always be up to date

I know this is likely not the setup you expected it to be used, but it works great for this.

The fact that I am not playing with these units every day is also part of the reason for not getting back to you quicker... I set it up and it just works! Great! So these are more refinement requests that would assist in this kind of slideshow use. It could be we are using totally the wrong thing to achieve this, but it does the job and was easy to setup.

I do have a new and hopefully much simpler question though: is there a way of changing the zoom sizing used to show the images? While the xbmc desktop is fullscreen on the TV, the slideshow appears cropped (top and bottom) and I was wondering if there are any stretch options I cannot see? I looked in the add-on options I could find, under Configure Add-on, but nothing stood out.

Thanks again, RW.
aaaaaaamazing , thank you!!
Is the "Start slideshow from here" feature still working for everyone?
Just started getting script errors today. Can't search at all. Here is the log file : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=40695
Any help would really be appreciated.
Version 0.9.3

Changes:
- Changed 'Search Picasa' to 'Search PicasaWeb'
- Fix error when searching PicasWeb caused by missing thumbnails

On my REPO.
Very cool. As always, you are on point with the updates. Thank you for all your hard work to make all of us that much happier. Smile
OK. Hate to be a pill, but now I am getting the very same error on my Ouya.
I honestly don't know how to post a log from it though, I'm amazed I even got XBMC installed on it. lol
(2013-08-04, 16:27)dkplayaclub Wrote: [ -> ]OK. Hate to be a pill, but now I am getting the very same error on my Ouya.
I honestly don't know how to post a log from it though, I'm amazed I even got XBMC installed on it. lol

I just did a 'Search PicasaWeb' on my Ouya without an error. (I am assuming that is where you are getting the error)
If you could, double check to see if the version number displayed in the picture addons listing is 0.9.3.

For posting logs, I assume the XBMC Log Uploader (Programs Addon) in the XBMC repo should work even on the Ouya.
OK. Got very busy this weekend. I was able to upload a log file, but I wasn't able to get back on the forums.
Here is the log : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=42512

I hope this helps.
Version 0.9.4

Changes:
- Fix bug caused by deprecated md5/sha imports in the google APIs

On my REPO.

(2013-08-05, 15:32)dkplayaclub Wrote: [ -> ]OK. Got very busy this weekend. I was able to upload a log file, but I wasn't able to get back on the forums.
Here is the log : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=42512

I hope this helps.

Try the new version out. Hopefully this fixes the error. You must have a newer version of XBMC installed on your Ouya that includes a newer version of python, because I don't get the deprecation error.
I am running libstagefright alpha1. Still getting the script failure. Watching a movie with the old lady right now. Will post another log for you before I go to bed tonight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21