Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scene Filename/Folder Structure Parsing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, I'm new to XBMC though I've read the manual, forum, performed searches here, elsewhere, and on google and cant find an answer...

All of my movies are in the scene style organizational structure where the filename is really unusable to parse though the folder structure is highly organized in the scene style syntax. e.g. /Burn.After.Reading.2008.BDRip.XviD.AC3.D-SCENE/bar-scene.mkv

xmbc and the scrapers are trying to parse the file and not reading the folder structure. I assume theres a way to do this in the advanced settings either though a config file or gui but I just need someone to point me in the right direction here.

Over a year ago I tried out MediaPortal and I remember the scraper/movies plugin there worked like a charm and I had very little trouble getting all of my movies in. I much prefer xbmc so far though and really want to stick with this.

Are there any media organizer apps out there that address this specific issue? I hear that MIP was similar to the MP scraper app but the project appears to be dead and I cant get any of the old builds to run without crashing on me.

I would certainly love any help anyone can provide.

Thanks!
That folder name is fully supported.
Do you have "Use folder names for lookups" enabled in source settings?

Also, in case you really did all the searching and reading before you posted, you should know we always need a debug log and precise description of the issue you are facing with.

"trying to parse the file and not reading the folder structure."
is not a very well detailed explanation of the issue.

...and lastly, why did you open a new thread if you already have brought up a more than 1 year old thread with the same issue?