Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WIP] New Skin Mockup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all so im pretty new to these forums, and new to xbmc, i have not long come from Boxee, which i thought was great, but lacked the ability to customize proficiently, so i searched for something new and came across xbmc (awsome)

i have no idea about coding xml and such, and have had a look around, but seems to confusing to me, but here is a few things i photoshoped, which i would like to see in a skin, so hopefully someone could help me out.

HOME
Just standard fanart w/ sliding links.

TV Libary view 1
A Fanart view, (like 16x9 for night)

TV Libary View 2
Not sure if it is possible, but i would love this view. with the tv show logo and clearart all on the info panel, plus the buttons to go next and back witht he next and previous tv show labeled, maybe with logo instead of text.

TV Libary View 3
Darker bottom bar, and logos added to the scroll buttons.

And another of the same view with a different show, so you get the feel.

Please note all these images are photoshoped, and i am pretty handy at the designing side of things, just no clue aboud coding, so if anyone is free to start a new project, we can work together, designer/coder.

Thanks for taking a look, please let me know what you think.
Thanks.
Congrats on taking the homepage from the skins a few threads below and adding some new colors to Refocus's views. I can't wait for this one....
ekim232 Wrote:Congrats on taking the homepage from the skins a few threads below and adding some new colors to Refocus's views. I can't wait for this one....

wow, ummm ok, its a pretty basic idea on a home skin, there is only so many variations of how this could go, and like stated this is how i would want it, i didnt take anyones idea, just how i thought it in my head, so sorry for the confusion.
steadler Wrote:wow, ummm ok, its a pretty basic idea on a home skin, there is only so many variations of how this could go, and like stated this is how i would want it, i didnt take anyones idea, just how i thought it in my head, so sorry for the confusion.

Yeah ignore him Smile most if not all skins are starting to look alike in places now anyway which is not a bad thing because they are functional and work well. And there are only so many variations you can do Smile

IMHO there is nothing worse that making something completely different just for the sake of being different when its usage is completely crap "but hey at least it doesn't look like Blah". Its better to stick with and expand current ideas that work well
Looks pretty good to me. I like the TV view, some nice ideas there. I'd definitely prefer smaller logos for the left/right shows instead of the plain text. I'm not a big fan of the top frosted bar on the home page (or the orange colour in the skin to be honest Laugh, I like dark skins, so that's just my preference), and I'd like a darker tint to the botton home page bar and tv info bar.

Ekim, you seriously need to just get away from the forum for a while.
thanks for the comments, these are just early variations at the moment and i am working on colour variations and layouts, to try and find the "perfect" skin if you like lol.
Steadler, keep it up.
Everyone starts with Concepts and ideas from our environment.
I am sure that there is potential available. :-)
thanks ubuntuf4n
Just saw the new darker mockups with the logos on the TV View. Looks extremely good. The orange even looks better now Laugh. Hope you can find a coder to help you with this!
TerranQ Wrote:Just saw the new darker mockups with the logos on the TV View. Looks extremely good. The orange even looks better now Laugh. Hope you can find a coder to help you with this!

thanks alot, i envisioned a lighter version, but when you said darker i tried and i liked alot lol, so thanks for the great idea and the kind words, more mockups are been worked on to try and entise a coder in lol
Stranger Wrote:has Griffith86 seen this?

Yeah, I've seen it. It looks remarkably similar to mine (the homepage that is), but it's fine. Doesn't really bother me.
double post
was no way intended to look like yours, just what i thought in my head would look cool, but im changing the home screen anyway, so no worrys there, sorry for any confusion, no intent at all to steal your ideas.
TerranQ Wrote:Just saw the new darker mockups with the logos on the TV View. Looks extremely good. The orange even looks better now Laugh. Hope you can find a coder to help you with this!

steadler Wrote:thanks alot, i envisioned a lighter version, but when you said darker i tried and i liked alot lol, so thanks for the great idea and the kind words, more mockups are been worked on to try and entise a coder in lol

I feel like I've seen this exact exchange before... in another thread. In fact, this entire thread looks like that other one. Deja vu!

TerranQ Wrote:I like the layout, but I'm not a fan of the blue/gold colour scheme. To me, htpc skins should be dark, as you usually watch movies/tv in dim lighting conditions/evening, and a bright theme is hard on the eyes.

Just my opinion though, looks nice

Griffith86 Wrote:I was actually in the process of changing the color scheme to a black/gold theme to make the text easier to read which will be reflected shortly when I upload the new images.

Are you pulling our legs steadler? Are you Griffith86's little brother?
Pages: 1 2