Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Hello. Just to ask if the function is still working: It's been returning the "no similar tracks found" message everytime for the last few weeks.
Hello All

I don't suppose anyone is in contact with kikigonzales or ErlendSB at all are they?

I absolutely love this script but it broke for me and I got the same "no results found" as others have reported. Since that point, I've been desperately learning as much as I can.

I came back to this script the other day and figured out why it wasn't working for me and it is now generating playlists. I've forked kikigonzales's script and wanted to know if he was happy for me to post here.

The fix was really easy so I'm not yet (and may never be) at the point where I can add functionality or fix issues for people but really want to help out if I can by making this public. However don't want to step on another's turf, especially when they wrote the script, to begin withSmile

Littlejeem

littlejeem
Is there some add-on now allowing automatic mood related genre specific playing of songs?
thanks
I too would like to have this addon working again. Perfect for making playlists for special occations and gatherings... Please, someone out there, I hope you can fix it. :-)
Would it be possible to use this add-on in an Android install? I use an old phone to play the music from my server to my stereo and it would be an excellent way of unearthing old songs from my archives.
(2017-12-18, 19:36)littlejeem Wrote: [ -> ]Hello All

I don't suppose anyone is in contact with kikigonzales or ErlendSB at all are they?

I absolutely love this script but it broke for me and I got the same "no results found" as others have reported. Since that point, I've been desperately learning as much as I can.

I came back to this script the other day and figured out why it wasn't working for me and it is now generating playlists. I've forked kikigonzales's script and wanted to know if he was happy for me to post here.

The fix was really easy so I'm not yet (and may never be) at the point where I can add functionality or fix issues for people but really want to help out if I can by making this public. However don't want to step on another's turf, especially when they wrote the script, to begin withSmile

Littlejeem

littlejeem
Just came back to this thread and realised that I never followed up.

Code is here, please bear in mind it's not been updated or worked on for some time but I do still use it weekly
Works great.
It is usefull
I agree. This add-on is great and plays exactly what you want to listen to. I don't want to miss it the prerequisite is a large music database, the better the result. My database contains 20000 - 30000 titles. i am satisfied.
(2020-07-11, 03:41)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. This add-on is great and plays exactly what you want to listen to. I don't want to miss it the prerequisite is a large music database, the better the result. My database contains 20000 - 30000 titles. i am satisfied.

I love this addon, I hope someone can update it for Kodi v19. Please!
(2021-02-23, 18:20)pala66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-11, 03:41)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. This add-on is great and plays exactly what you want to listen to. I don't want to miss it the prerequisite is a large music database, the better the result. My database contains 20000 - 30000 titles. i am satisfied.

Yeah. Any news about this addon? or a similar option for kodi?
(2021-03-02, 18:12)LARQ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-23, 18:20)pala66 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah. Any news about this addon? or a similar option for kodi?

Not that I have been able to find. Kinda sucks as I like v19 but this is almost a deal breaker not being able to use it on Matrix due to python 3 only support.
OH man, this was my favorite music addon Sad
I've forked @littlejeem's repo and updated the script for Kodi 19.  The code is available here.

@littlejeem if you're still around, I'm OK with just submitting this to your repo and getting rid of my fork.
I've installed @Ambidex script, and then I realized in all my years of using Kodi, I've never run a script before. When I go to add-ons and click run it tells me to play a song first even when a song is playing. Is there some trick to running this that I'm missing. I apologize for the noob question. This is exactly what I'm looking to do with my Kodi installation and I'd love wasn't guidance on how to use it.
Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20