Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [windows][Dharma2]Scroll amount for Page up/dn in library/files view
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to change how much it scrolls when using the page up/dn in specific views?

In all views modes it works great and only scrolls a page worth (or as many items displayed on screen) per use. However I like to use the files view(in library mode) when navigating within a tv show as I'll sometimes have 5+ seasons worth of a show and its easier having a list of the episodes. However in this view when using the pg up/dn command it will jump about a page and a half worth of items. skipping over about 5 items I think that won't even get displayed on the screen and you'll have to scroll back up one by one.

Is this something that is customizable in the skin? and something I could tweak to my liking? I'd rather it scroll just a page worth, or even better half a page worth in this view.

Great skin btw, very clean looking, stumbled on it when upgraded to dharma. Only other issue I have is if a video is playing and I go back to the main menu with the video playing in the background the video will start to stutter and hang up. I used to be able to 9.11 so not sure if this is a skin issue or a xbmc issue.

Thanks.
Yes pgUP/pgDOWn is determined by the skin, sort of...

Most times you wouldn't notice but if a skin has a width in the list of say 2000, well that way above 1280 which is what is on screen so when you hit pgUP/pgDOWn it's jumping 2000 not 1280 so it appears to over shoot.

I guess we get an different result in "Files" view because it's a fixedlist with movement that turns it into a wraplist. Even though the height isn't way above 720...
The scrolling overlap in Night is probably the only thing I notice that I think is a bit off. However, the majority of skins do this. In poster view, when you scroll using PageUp/Down, there is at least a 2-3 title overlap between the right most of one page and the left most of the next. This leaves 1-2 titles in that overlap in limbo, and you do not see them when scrolling. Its not an issue if you know what you are looking for, but if you're "surfing" your titles and just looking for something you're in the mood for, you miss titles.

Just an irritation. Everything else about Night is pretty much perfect for my use. I also noticed this in almost every other skin but Confluence, but I don't mind too much, as Night is the only skin that meets all my other needs.

Thanks.