Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can this feature be implemented stricly via skinning?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't modded any skins in a very long time so i am super rusty...

Before i try this, i'd like to know if the experts think it's feasible...

i browse my TV Shows a lot via the recently added filter because i download a shitload of episodes.

Sometimes, i will get to the latest episode of a show and am not sure if i saw the previous episode. So i have to go back to the main menu, choose TV Shows, scroll to the appropriate TV Show, select it, choose the season and see if the previous episode is marked as watched or if i remember the description/thumb...

I want to be able to access that specific TV Show or better yet specific season directly from the recently added filter.

Could i add something in the skin that say <onleft> or some other thing in my keymaps that will bring me to the show directly?

Something like :

ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle]) or

ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,videodb://2/2/$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle]) ?

jmarshall : is this even doable in XBMC right now?

Any help appreciated of course...

Thanks!

-Pr.
Watched status and icon works while in the recently added node...
mcborzu Wrote:Watched status and icon works while in the recently added node...

I know that... but if i for example have a list of 50 latest downloaded episodes, TV Show A, Episode 5 is in the list and it is unwatched... I don't remember if i watched TV Show A, Episode 4... It is not in the recently added because it's 2 weeks old and i have downloaded 60 other random episodes since then...

I have to go back to the show and see if i actually saw episode 4...

This just happened to me today when i started watching an episode and in the recap, they showed something i didn't remember seeing. Sure enough, i hadn't seen the previous episode and it ruined the cliffhanger for me Sad
Well you can link to a Show and a season:

ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;videodb://2/2/3/3/&quot; )

that was Bones Season 2, so might be possible, but how to get that more dynamically? So far any variations of your examples haven't worked...
mcborzu Wrote:Well you can link to a Show and a season:

ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;videodb://2/2/3/3/&quot; )

that was Bones Season 2, so might be possible, but how to get that more dynamically? So far any variations of your examples haven't worked...

Ya i tried a bunch of variations myself but i either get to all my TVShows or some black hole with nothing in there... It's like ListItem.TVShowTitle is empty...
I wonder if i could do some sort of <onfocus> where once the episode is highlighted, i could do a Skin.SetString(SelectedShow,$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle]) and then be able to use that as a parameter to the videodb://

Ah well... bedtime... i will try tomorrow Smile
Pr.Sinister Wrote:I wonder if i could do some sort of <onfocus> where once the episode is highlighted, i could do a Skin.SetString(SelectedShow,$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle]) and then be able to use that as a parameter to the videodb://

Ah well... bedtime... i will try tomorrow Smile

you could also try this

Code:
<control type="label" id="1111">
  <include>HiddenObject</include>
  <label>$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle]</label>
</control>

and then

Code:
Activatewindow(videolibrary,videodb://2/2/$INFO[Control.GetLabel(1111)])

(it´s probably the same as using listitem.tvshowtitle directly, but better also tryin that before posting a trac ticket)