Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: v0.8.4-beta1 r703: Application not installed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

if I try to install v0.8.4-beta1 r703 I always get the message "Application not installed" / "Anwendung nicht installiert" (German). I have not installed any old xbmc remote version.

Installing v0.7.1 signed r644 works without having any problems. Are there any changes between these two versions which might cause this problem?

Kind regards
Larry_Lobster
Yeah, Apps2SD might cause it. Try unmounting the SD card and installing it.
the_alien Wrote:Yeah, Apps2SD might cause it. Try unmounting the SD card and installing it.

Thanks for your quick reply. I will try it this evening.

Kind regards
Larry_Lobster
the_alien Wrote:Yeah, Apps2SD might cause it. Try unmounting the SD card and installing it.

Hi the_alien,

you've been right. It's because of the Apps2SD feature. v0.8.3-beta1 r686 works as well and v0.8.3-beta1 r688 cannot be installed.

Anyway: I'm having a problem now... the sd card is the only storage I have on my device. So the apk of xbmc has to be located there. If I use ES File Explorer and get the file via Samba from another computer in the lan, the application tries to store the apk on the sd card before installing it... I do not see any chance to get the apk on my device beside using the sd card. Sad

Any suggestions?
I did some further research.

I've changed android:installLocation="preferExternal" to android:installLocation="auto" in the AndroidManifest.xml and I was abled to install this version. Is it an option for you to change the attribute to auto?Otherwise some devices might be locked out as I'm sure most users don't want to build the apk by thereselves.

Kind regards
Larry_Lobster