Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] XBMC Debug Log - Addon Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
XBMC Debug Log will collect your logs and either copy them to a desired location or upload them to pastebin.com site.

So if you are having trouble with XBMC or Addons head over to Addon Manager (System->Addons->Get-Addons->XBMC.org addon repository->Program Addons) and install it.

in the addon settings set your e-mai for pastebin to send you the debug log link which you can use to post on the forums and destination folder if you decide to copy the logs to a different location.

Below are some screens:

Users please do use this addon when requesting help, make it so much easier on developers(both XBMC and Addon developers) to help you out.
I tried installing the debug log addon. Installation went ok but when I click on the pastebin icon, XBMC hangs hard.
ijourneaux Wrote:I tried installing the debug log addon. Installation went ok but when I click on the pastebin icon, XBMC hangs hard.

we'll need to see that log one way or the other
Amet Wrote:we'll need to see that log one way or the other

But, when he tries the paste bin, it hangs.
Bah.. He can get it the old fashioned way then!
In this particular case you might just have to do it the old fashion way.
Oh the beautiful irony.
Noticed this to, if the Debug Log gets over 1MB in size it hangs.
But i also notice that uploading larger files to pastebin.com manually, cause my browser to hang. Not always
but sometimes. Usually i just hit refresh a few times and it comes trough.

Maybe add another pastebin site alternative to this addon ?
pastebin.com seems unstable for larger files. And Debug Log on xbmc
can easilliy get over 5MB.

I really like the feature and its handy, pluss when helping user getting their
debug log its so much easier to make them use this addon then the manuall way Smile
How do you get it to send an email? There isn't an option.
How do you enable the crash log?
xbmc old school Wrote:How do you get it to send an email? There isn't an option.

enter your e-mail in addon settings
xbmc old school Wrote:How do you enable the crash log?

if you cant select it it means that there is no crash log
Amet Wrote:enter your e-mail in addon settings

I added my email to the addon settings. How is the email triggered?
xbmc old school Wrote:I added my email to the addon settings. How is the email triggered?

once you "pastebin it" pastebin.com will send you the e-mail
Good Job Amet. Will come in handy.

Looks like they have limit of 1MB:

Quote:What is the max paste size?
We allow pastes to be made up to 1024000 Bytes, or 1 Megabytes. This is should be enough for almost any script, and it prevents people from jamming our servers.

I suggust breaking it appart into multiple submission if it goes over 1MB.

Are you using xbmc.pastebin.com ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4