Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple Sort Levels in Smart Playlists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to force a second level of sorting on the results of a smart playlist? For example, I have a playlist to return all unplayed episodes of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, sorted by Air Date. Within a given air date, it then sorts ascending by show name, which means that it will play The Colbert Report first, followed by The Daily Show, which is the opposite of how they air. These two shows sometimes have crossover jokes, so i'd prefer to play them in the original airing order of TDS then CR. Short of renaming the shows, is there any way to affect the second sort order? Ideally i'd like a way to order shows arbitrarily within an airdate, but even a simple Descending order within the airdate would work for this particular scenario.
I've been trying to set up a playlist to do just what you have done.

But I'm having trouble. When I set it up I have to filter by path instead of Tv Show name. It doesn't make sense. How did you do it?