Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't get ReplayTV streaming to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does the current version still support streaming from a ReplayTV? I know they are old school as far as DVRs are considered, but my 5000 series is still in use.

The problem that I am having is that when I try to add the source for a ReplayTV Device, I get an error message that it was unable to connect and I should check my network. My network seems fine since I can stream from my PC. My Replay is also able to connect and download data. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I know its old and all that but...
Each time I try to add a Replay TV from the video menu XBMC just hangs. Computer has to be rebooted. Looking in this forum I found that I should edit the Sources.xml file. I cannot find where it is hiding? I added other disk locations to the shares but I cannot find where they are. I created a file called Sources.xml into the userdata directory. It has no effect. I know this is my stupidity but I cannot seem to get this to work. Now that Boxee has gone to the dark side I am looking for anyther use for the computer I bought to hook up to my TV.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

here is what I tried
- <video>
<default />
- <source>
<name>Bed Room</name>
<path>rtv://192.168.0.102/</path>
</source>
- <source>
<name>Big Dog</name>
<path>rtv://192.168.0.101/</path>
</source>
- <source>
<name>Family room</name>
<path>rtv://192.168.2.104/</path>
</source>
- <source>
<name>Office</name>
<path>rtv://192.168.0.117/</path>
</source>
</video>
Is your code just an extract from sources.xml? If it's the whole file you're missing the opening and closing tags. Try:

Code:
<sources>
  <video>
    <default />
    <source>
      <name>Bed Room</name>
      <path>rtv://192.168.0.102/</path>
    </source>
    <source>
      <name>Big Dog</name>
      <path>rtv://192.168.0.101/</path>
    </source>
    <source>
      <name>Family room</name>
      <path>rtv://192.168.2.104/</path>
    </source>
    <source>
      <name>Office</name>
      <path>rtv://192.168.0.117/</path>
    </source>
  </video>
</sources>

To open the correct sources.xml press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad "%APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata\sources.xml"

Click OK and the file will open in Notepad. If you get prompted to create a new file it means you created the file in the wrong place.

JR
I'm having the same issue and I don't mean to hijack the thread but it seemed best to post here as the problem I've having is the same and I'm hoping the OP will have some words of wisdom.

Some background... I've been using XBMC for about 6 or more years running it on two original Xbox game consoles. It has always worked great and I appreciate all the Devs do to make XBMC so great.

I just recently built up a SFF PC running Windows 7-SP1 and XBMC version 10.1 so I could also access NetFlix; among other things. So far it's all working great but the problem I am having is I cannot get video to stream from the ReplayTV. I actually used the sources.xml file posted here, updated the IP addresses, but I still get the same results.

I can stream from a DVArchive server, which looks and acts like a RePlayTV box, and I can list the shows from the the ReplayTV but when I select the show XBMC just hangs. I posted the xbmc.log at http://pastebin.com/keawwb59.

Interestingly if you look at the log you will see the DVArchive server (192.168.55.3) opening the video..and it plays. However when you look at the bottom of the log where I access the ReplayTV unit ( 192.168.55.11) and select a show. it fails. What is interesting is what path or string being sent to DVDPlayer is not the video title selected, or proper path, and the system hangs.

I want to also say I have checked the time, all units have the same time, as I know this can cause a similar issue. I also realize RePlayTV units are getting old and not something the developers can test but I hoping that someone might have a few ideas where I can look.

I apologize in advance for the long post and if someone would find it helpful I will post the debug log.

Thanks in advance!
Thanks for the log, but you need to enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging. This will give us a lot more info about what XBMC is trying to do.

JR
JR.. Thanks. I thought that probably would be the case. I apologize for the delay, every time I reboot and do anything else the log is overwritten.

Anyway here is the link to the debug log. http://pastebin.com/Tf4Q2vZF

This is from a clean reboot of the PC, enable debugging, go to Videos, select the ReplayTV unit (192.168.55.10) and select a video to play. after which the unit appears to lock up and the status indicator just spins.

Thanks in advance for your input.
In the end the debug info didn't help much. The log shows:

Code:
DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
DEBUG: XFILE::CFileRTV::Open - Opened 192.168.55.10 on Video/1326674369.mpg, Size 318938112, Position 0

so XBMC connected to the RTV then hung (just as you said of course).

JR
I know I dont get it. What does this output after the file is opened mean:

Code:
10:07:56 T:1328 M:1283047424    INFO: CDVDFactorySubtitle::GetSubtitles, searching subtitles
10:07:56 T:1328 M:1283043328   DEBUG: CUtil::CacheSubtitles: START
10:07:56 T:1328 M:1283043328   DEBUG: CUtil::CacheSubtitles: Checking for common subdirs...
10:07:56 T:1328 M:1283039232   DEBUG: CUtil::CacheSubtitles: Done (time: 3 ms)
10:07:56 T:1328 M:1283039232   DEBUG: CUtil::CacheSubtitles: Searching for subtitles...
10:08:07 T:1328 M:1285038080   DEBUG: CUtil::CacheSubtitles: Done (time: 11014 ms)
10:08:07 T:1328 M:1285038080   DEBUG: CUtil::CacheSubtitles: END (total time: 11019 ms)
10:08:07 T:1328 M:1285038080    INFO: CDVDFactorySubtitle::GetSubtitles, searching subtitles done
10:08:07 T:1328 M:1285038080  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
10:08:11 T:1884 M:1285038080   DEBUG: Thread 1884 terminating (autodelete)

I wonder if getting the log from XBMC on my old Xbox would be of any benefit? Or if it would help to get the debug log after successfully streaming from the DVArchive server to XBMC? The files on the DVArchive server are essentially the same as what is on the ReplayTV units.

Thanks..
XBMC runs several simultaneous threads, and this can confuse the log a bit because the different threads are all writing to the same log file. In this case I don't think the subtitle log entries are related to the playback problem.

I don't know which dev(s) work on that bit of code; it's not a bit of XBMC I know well. In any case it's going to be hard to work on this without buying an RTV to test with.

JR