Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Poster/banner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How does the remote application decide on whether to use posters or banners in the TV Shows view? For example, Arrested Development will have a banner, Becker will have a poster. Both have folder.jpg and banner.jpg (and fanart/background), and I can't for the life of me tell how it figures which one to use.
Good question... I have some times this small picture not the banner... don't no why and it makes me sick... i just wanna have banners. Also i have not all season posters? Did you also have problems with this?

Greats and thanks

SD
No, all my Season posters show up as per normal. I have notice though, some of my shows have the banner scrunched up to fit the poster size and the grey description field is black. Only some of them exhibit this behaviour, though, and it's always the same ones.
I have solved the problem with the banners.
First i have downloaded all banners over xbmc.
then i have cleaned the cache from the remote app.
last step is to download the banners but i have done it 5 - 6 times until all banners are availble.

Now i have just the problem with the season posters.

I hope this steps helps you too.
Hm, alright. I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes.
Well, it helped... sort of. Some that didn't show banners now do (Becker), but some (Darker than Black, Canaan) still don't. How vexing.
Hi @ all

i have now solved all problems. First i had the probs with the banners. I solved this with the steps before.

But i also had problems with season posters. I don't know why but it was a problem with the user folder from xbmc in the appdata folder. After i have deleted the old one all works fine for me.