Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Live] Aeon65 Help Needed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive just installed and exploring the world behind both linux and XBMC.

Im using XBMC 9.11

ATM i am attempting to install Aeon65.

Firstly i tried a tutorial that explained using the code (Ctrl+Alt+F2), typing something along the lines of using "git"
[as you can tell, im not the most knowledgeable user just yet.]

so as an alternative, i found and downloaded a program that would allow me to write to my ext2 in windows 7. and copied some other skins into F:\home\owner\.xbmc\skin
just to try it out. and they all work fine.

then i went and downloaded Aeon65 as a zip file from here:
https://github.com/pix/aeon/tree/pix65

now, it wasnt obvious to me that this source is missing the "skin.xml" file. and i found that out 200MB later.

therefore; my question.

can someone instruct a n00b how to install this skin and/or just the skin.xml file (i already have 200MB of files)
I think you might be asking a bit much... and from the sounds of it, you're too deep into as well. Take a breather.... Most of the users/developers are now starting to use newer set-ups and are not likely to go back and support old versions and manual installs.

I recommend you grab (eeps) the latest Dharma install from http://sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=Notes for your system/machine and you'll find that all the skins are easy install and downloaded within the program itself. Click an add-on icon in settings and you're a go....

The latest Dharma is moving ahead and all the good skins and add-ons are dead simple... and unless you've got a hardware specific issue, or highly customized.. move along with the rest of the best.
the main issue i have is with download limits, it took me long enough to find and download and install 9.11.

after hours of use, i discovered how to allow searching/installing of other internal hard drives (for some reason not native to XBMC)

and have learnt a sure fire way to install skins.

the problem is i have 200MB of useless skin data, without a basic "skin.xml" file. i find it quite stupid (coming from a windows background)

but it is a beautiful program.
Actually, i have just released that the version of Aeon65 (from the download link in my OP)
is designed to be put in an addon folder....

does my version of XBMC support a skin run in an addon folder?
bump... no one can help me?
Aeon65 is only compatible with dharma (and current trunk builds).
P337 Wrote:Actually, i have just released that the version of Aeon65 (from the download link in my OP)
is designed to be put in an addon folder....

does my version of XBMC support a skin run in an addon folder?
I'll agree with "Owing" on that... SV versions are in addons, but do require Dharma

Tragic about your download limits.
Ok, thank you guys.

looks like i'll have to wait for next months DL's