Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Question about manually updating XBMC Live
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Complete Linux noob here so please bear with me.

If I execute the following commands in 9.11 XBMC Live that's installed onto a hard drive:

Code:
sudo apt-add-ppa repository: team-xbmc-svn/ppa
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc
sudo reboot

Will that upgrade 9.11 to Dharma or just latest version of 9.11 from SVN?

Thanks.
I would recommend you to download the live iso and do a clean install. You can export, import your lib to save your data.
Thanks for the suggestion. But what about the original question? Would that code upgrade XBMC to the Dharma version or just latest 9.11 version?
Jebus... Does anyone use searchHuh

To answer you Q.
It will upgrade you to svn which is the beta4 atm. There is NO such thing as the latest 9.11 in any platform.

You can also compile both dharma or trunk from the live install, use search theres a script somewhere that will do this for you.
Thanks for replying X3lectric. No need to get angry. I just do not have time to read every post and I have seen something in the past that mentioned Dharma being branched or something like that. I do not know Linux that well so I thought that maybe those commands will just upgrade my 9.11 to whatever the latest SVN for this particular version was.