Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Underscan issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i don't know if this is related to xbmc (or xbmp) but i have some underscan occuring while playing games. i have black bars to the left and right of the screen.

i recently had a friends xbox over to sort out, and during testing i noticed that his xbox did not produce the same effect, so it's not the tv (which was my initial thought).

the only time i have adjusted overscan was first in xbmp, then in xbmc when xbmp stopped being developed. would this have affected anything in the screen output for other applications? i would have thought that any changes that were made would only occur during the lifetime of an application, and the original settings be restored upon closing, but i could be wrong.

any help is appreciated. it's starting to bug me now i know that it doesn't have to be that way. it wasn;t when i first got the xbox, but i just figured it was a combination of the games i was playing and the tv, which isn't the case.
we have specific subforums for various questions on this forum. please read the forum descriptions before posting, thats all we ask.

my bet would be you changed something under ms-dashboard, like maybe widescreen