Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Which remote control will be best for Ubuntu XBMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which remote control will be best for Ubuntu XBMC? Would somebody to recommend something? Smile

Thanks
I like my Snapstream firefly remote. There are instructions in the wiki to set it up. It is a RF remote so you don't need to point it at the TV or anything.

The next option would be a Microsoft MCE remote. They work out-of-box with XBMC live.
how much do you want to spend?

because an Monster Cable RF remote paired with HP Ir Dongle = FTMFW...

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:how much do you want to spend?

I think up to +/- 50 USD. Because I have got the RC at 10 USD but it not working in Ubuntu. My RC has famous brand name "Noname" Smile
I love my logitech harmony 550 remote. I use it to control XBMC and everything else (tv, av receiver, pvr box, XBox 360). To control XBMC I picked up a cheap windows media center remote that came with an ir receiver. I quickly pitched that remote and just use the receiver with the harmony remote. I think I spent about 60 bucks on the remote and less than 10 for the ir receiver. It works great because I can switch activities so easily. With a push of a button it powers on/off the correct components and sets the correct inputs. In my opinion its the only way to go.