Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbmc Library problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys!

I have som problems with some of my tv-series when using library-mode in Xbmc.

The problem is that in some tv-series folders there are no files at all when I use lirary mode. Once I turn the library option of the files are shown just fine.

I have had this problem for some time now and I really don't know what to do. All my movies and about 60% of my tv-series work extremly well and are shown with nice cover and fanart and all episodes, seasons and so on is shown in each folder. But for about 40% av my tv-series the correct fanart and coverart is shown but once inside the folders they are empty and I have to exit library mode to be able to start an episodes etc..

Please help me guys, MoFa
Most of the time your issue will be naming convention, XBMC knows you have something but can not find the Episodes/Seasons, make sure that you have 'set' correctly for TV shows; you're in file mode; with the correction options to scan, and that the Seasons folders and Episodes have the correct XBMC naming conventions as listed in the Wiki and there isn't junk in the folder area that the scraper is dying on.

If this fails... get back to us with more information about what ver/skin/os etc.
Hi PatK, thx for the varm welcoming!

Im using Windows 7 and latest svn of Xbmc. Im using the scin Confluense.

My movie and series archives have been downloaded with strict rar-rules/scene releases rules and they should all have been named correctly. But never the less, some of my fancy archives dosen't work for some reason.

I also think that the big problem comes right down to how the release was named from the beginning. But I just can't see where one realease that works with librabry-mode in xbmc differs from another that dosen't work. I have checked the wiki that is relevant regaarding how the stuff should be named.

I downloded "Oceans.720p.HDTV.x264-GOTHiC" yesterday and Xbmc cant understand the filestructur in library mode. I just can't understand why...The archives are not polluted by a bunch of crapfiles and other stuff. The archives contains a buch of rarfiles, sample, sfv file, nothing else..not even a nfo file. Can the lack of a nfo.file be the problem?

On my computer Ocenas is located at I:/shared/720p/Oceans.720p.HDTV.x264-GOTHiC and within this folder the episodes are;

Oceans.Part1.720p.HDTV.x264-GOTHiC/oceans.part1.720p.hdtv.x264-gothic.mkv
Oceans.Part2.720p.HDTV.x264-GOTHiC/oceans.part2.720p.hdtv.x264-gothic.mkv
Oceans.Part3.720p.HDTV.x264-GOTHiC/oceans.part3.720p.hdtv.x264-gothic.mkv
etc....

Please help me, and thx again for trying!
MoFaMoFa Wrote:My movie and series archives have been downloaded with strict rar-rules/scene releases rules and they should all have been named correctly.

Scene rules names have nothing to do with XBMC file names.
If it picks up the correct one I would call it lucky.
Read the FAQ on naming conventions.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...onventions)

For TV your best bet is to use something like

Code:
TV Shows
  |
   -------Show Name
            |
             -----Season 1
                   |
                    -----The Big Bang Theory.S04E07-The Apology Insufficiency.avi

You dont have to have the episode name but the rest is pretty much required.
Try Oceans.S01E01.mkv as a naming convention. Get ride of "bunch of rarfiles, sample, sfv file " XBMC doesn't know what the sample is... nor the other files. You'll also find that this BBC series is probably not in the scrapers... In fact I did grab it too.. and came up more or less dry with the scrapers and manually created and entry.

The TV series side is more painful to set-up than movies.
Damn I must have been lucky with True Blood, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire and all the other series that works "out of the box" with flawless structure and coverarts etc..

I just hate to make changes to original releases, it should just work from the begging. I like Xbmc but this really sucks.
I did as you said and I used winrar to unpack the files and then gave part 1 of Oceans the name "Oceans.S01E01.mkv" and now Xbmc finds the files and everyting works again. Thx for the tips.

I guess I just have to accept the fact that Xbmc fixes most movies and series automaticly but sometimes I manually have to help the program.

Thx again.

//MoFa
MoFaMoFa Wrote:I just hate to make changes to original releases, it should just work from the begging. I like Xbmc but this really sucks.

I will never understand this affliction with people absolutely having to have a scene release in its pristine, untouched, original, virgin, immaculate, uncorrupted, unsoiled, untainted, untarnished....blah...blah..blah file name and form.

Why do you care if some pirated release of a TV show or movie has the "ORIGINAL" release name? Good god man are you going to put it in some digital museum for future generations to admire? Christ sakes man get a life.
Great, a little forum troll has spoken.
FishOil Wrote:Why do you care if some pirated release of a TV show or movie has the "ORIGINAL" release name? Good god man are you going to put it in some digital museum for future generations to admire? Christ sakes man get a life.
I guess in you neck of the woods... duplicating & copying TV show's is considered 'Pirating'. I'm Canadian and grabbing TV shows for your own use is quite legal.

I guess you're a PIRATE.. troll.
PatK Wrote:I'm Canadian

LOL.........sucks to be you!!!
Thx for your help PatK, never mind the troll.

//MoFa