Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie title not showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Im fairly new to XBMC and love it but there is one thing that is really bugging me and this has only just started happening.
I use DVDFab to rip main movies to HDD. I name the folders to match opentvdatabase and it can find all the movies when I re-open XBMC.

The only issue is that it doesn't find the movie title and rating of the movie. If I lookup movie information it does show the fan-art, plot, cast and covers but it requires manual titles to be added. I know its not a huge issue but if your adding 5-10 movies it can get time consuming.

If anyone knows whats happening please let me know as it might be a setting but I cannot find anything.

Regards

Gibnuts Nod
You can't imagine how many 1st post I've seen with the very same issue.
We have a search button in the forums.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81643
Solution is in the 4th post.
Hey mate,

Thanks for that direction. I have saved the file as XML and saved that in the directory for XBMC. (Friend advised me too) but it does not save over any files. Im really not sure how to do it so im going to ask for more help Smile Sorry im not the best with this stuff.

Thanks in advance.
Do a search on your computer for "imdb.xml" and replace it.

...but do not replace the one which found in a folder name called: "common".

...or you can install Dharma beta4 and you will not have this problem at all.