Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Live] update issues with Harmony 880 and MCE remotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Newbie here.

I had several issues with updating to the newest Dharma beta and Nvidia drivers.

I was running a Zotac MAG HD-ND01 (Atom 330 and ION GPU) with Live 9.11 CD from 6 months ago. I use a Harmony 880 with an original Microsoft MCE receiver and everything ran well.

Well, I decide to update “everything” late Friday night. I immediately had issues after the updates. The log files showed issues with VPDAU. I also got the Login prompt on reboots. Had to uninstall and reinstall NVidia newest drivers. I also installed v1.6 of MediaStream.

Finally got everything sorted, but had one annoying issue. The OK buttons on my MCE remote and Harmony 880 would not select anything. They were working previously. I had to use “Enter” from the keyboard to select Videos, Settings, etc... It took a few hours of reading and checking my files:
/etc/lirc/hardware.conf
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf
/usr/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml
/usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml

I also ran: irw
to see what the two OK buttons were doing. Turns out, the two buttons are different:

Harmony OK button
000000037ff07bf4 00 Enter mceusb

MCE OK button
000000037ff07bdd 00 OK mceusb

I modified the remote.xml file, under the <global>, <remote> section and added:
<enter>Select</enter>
<ok>Select</ok>

Now the remotes work as expected. Thanks to everyone for posting information in the forums. It took more time than I expected, but I am new to XBMC Live and had a lot to go over. Smile

Thanks!