Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WIP] Solace - a new skin for XBMC based on MC360 blade theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Some of you have probably seen the thread Jezz_X started a while back (early 2009) in the MC360 forums where he revealed screenshots of a MC360-like skin based on Basics-Vision he had been working on, then he eventually released what he had of it.
Well I have started on throwing my own twist on it and working out some new views, working out those incomplete dialogs, throwing a little MC360 flavor back in, etc. I have finally chosen a name "solace" for this skin and progress has been coming along nicely and I am happy with what I've got so far.
Thanks so much Jezz_X for all of your hard work and I hope over the coming couple of months I will have completely redone things and I eventually want this to have the EPG features as well as be very customizable via skin settings. I can hardly put my laptop down and stop doing more.

EDIT:
I am happy with where it is currently at, though it is still VERY premature and still needs quite a bit of fixing up/cleaning up. It is a WIP and should be treated as one. So please, I know that there are things missing and things that aren't aligned correctly just save bug reports until after 0.0.3. I know it's just as stable as Jezz_X's release of this a while back just a little more complete. There is a bit of borrowed code from Confluence.
Tell me what you think about it.

2shared:DOWNLOAD HERE (dl size: 8.43MB)
MediFire: DOWNLOAD HERE (dl size: 8.43MB)

Thanks for trying this out and stay tuned for the next release.

cheers-
DukeOfTheWicked

(screenshots coming shortly)
Nice work dude looking very nice the views are great will be interested in seeing how it turns out
Nice glad I could help you get started
Will definetely check this out,..
Very Nice Work so far.

Greetz,
Ubuntuf4n
Thanks for the compliments, I am sure it makes Jezz_X blush a little too. His work on this was 98% of the heavy lifting after all. Wink

I just hope that soon it will be in the official addons repository and all will be enjoying itNod
Hopefully it runs as smooth as the original MC360 did.
The animations should be smoother I redid them all from scratch instead of hacking on the old ones like I did with the original 360 skin when we made it
Duke refering to this screenshot
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6678/...t007ms.png and this one http://i54.tinypic.com/15d6ov6.jpg I would like to point out that "scripts" window was actually removed from XBMC pre Dharma so you don't need to have both Scripts and Programs they are now 1
Jezz_X Wrote:Duke refering to this screenshot
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6678/...t007ms.png and this one http://i54.tinypic.com/15d6ov6.jpg I would like to point out that "scripts" window was actually removed from XBMC pre Dharma so you don't need to have both Scripts and Programs they are now 1

And I remember that happening too. Thanks for the reminder because I woulda
just kept going like nothing was different.

And I would have to agree with Jezz_X, I DO think that the animations in this are smoother than the ones in MC360. Snappier for sure too.
Added: Shine to homebuttons ala MC360
Added: Descriptive texts to homebutton items ala MC360
Fixed: Player Controls navigation in Guide window
Fixed: Got rid of old 'scripts' windows and buttons left over (replaced with 'Favorites' in the guide)-thanks for reminding me jezz_x
Added: New View Type "Media Info" for the video library

Thats it for now soon I'll be showing off the new music and video OSD.
Stay tuned.
looking really good, keep up the good work.
Always been a fan of the blade user interface.
Mardagg Wrote:Always been a fan of the blade user interface.

Yeah, me too!

EDIT:

Possible names (other than Take2).....
1> Verve
2> Animate
3> Vim
4> eXuberance
5> Solace

Can I get some opinions?
I say: Solace
XBMCG33K Wrote:I say: Solace

I'll second that