Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MAC] Can not activate the Apple Remote after installing XBMC and uninstalling Plex?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I have a strange problem. I had plex and now I ve installed new XBMC (removing plex) Now I can't use apple remote. When I turn on the mini and run XBMC the remote controller works for about 10-15 sec. After that time it stops reacting - in XBMC and in Frontrow. After restarting mini the situation is similar. Probobly XBMC runs some scripts or what
Thanks
I ve found that remote control works couse I can wake up the mini by it. But I can't use it after that
Check what helpers are running (XBMCHelper, PlexHelper etc.)
Some of the problem will be plex in that you need to launch it and disable the remote, you also seem to need to remove the plex folder from the home user library>application support section.

Another note on the XBMC helper, its still 'built in' to the application itself so when an update comes through it all gets rather confusing, the was some talk about removing the plex helper into the user XBMC folder, where IMO it would be much better placed, but I guess thats not critically important in the scheme of things.

Once you get into the merry go round of plex/xbmc helpers it can be difficult to get off frankly. The best method I have found is to disable remotes within both applications. Then remove the plex folder from the application support, then restart. The launch XBMC and turn the remote back on then quit the app then relaunch and hopefully it will be working.
and don't forget that plex will actively seek out and kill XBMCHelper with zero warning. Oh so rude.
I've formated the mini and installed new system - snow. Now the remote works but not for XBMC. When I turn XBMC on and use remote it controls system volume or switches to frontrow.
Then you have not set it right. Have you removed the plex folder, I assume from a nice clean install you did not archive install?
I have a clean instalation, deleted all on hdd
Now I have all ok. So in snow leo 10.6.1-10.6.3 the remote can work only with frontrow. But in 10.6.4 and 10.6.5 the remote works with XBMC corectly.