Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: comcast 3-device remote issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so, after spending several hours yesterday attempting to get ANYTHING to happen with button presses from my comcast 3-device remote, on my Acer Revo 1600 setup running Dharma Beta 4, with a no-name generic MCE remote IR receiver, i'm stumped.

the MCE remote that the IR Receiver came with, seems to work to a degree. the arrow buttons and stop, play, etc... all work out of the box, no configuration necessary. if i bounce out to the command line and run irw, the button presses seem to just be sending keyboard commands, not what i have seen as irw output from other posts. i get somehting like this:

Code:
^[[@c

instead of

Code:
000000037ff07be9 00 Play mceusb

and no matter what code i use to program the AUX button my the remote, i get nothing at all from irw.

I'm definitely a linux newb but have been picking things up at a pretty rapid pace, and just have that feeling that i'm missing something stupid easy about lirc.

my lirc.conf is still the default that would be found in: /usr/share/lirc/remotes/mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb

and my hardware.conf is also the out-of-the-box variant:

Code:
REMOTE="Windows Media Center Remotes (new version Philips et al.)"
REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_mceusb2"
REMOTE_DRIVER=""
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lircd.conf"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""
TRANSMITTER="None"
TRANSMITTER_MODULES=""
TRANSMITTER_DRIVER=""
TRANSMITTER_DEVICE=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""
START_LIRCD="true"
START_LIRCMD=""
LOAD_MODULES=""
LIRCMD_CONF=""
FORCE_NONINTERACTIVE_RECONFIGURATION="false"

and i suspect that may be the problem, as my comcast remote isn't an MCE remote, but using a code for the XBMX dvd player found in the comcast manual.

so, is my suspicion that i'm just missing a simple yet crucial step correct?
i should also note that this has been covered on the forums in various ways, but after a couple hours of searching and/or trial and error last night, i haven't really found anything that i was able to leverage, thus far.

so, sorry if there's a searchable topic i missed that covers this in more depth than whatever it was a tried.