Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 2.0 systems: suggestions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

Right now I have an old 2.0 Stereo, LG 2x5W or so. Basically, it's junk. I'm thinking of spending maximum 150€. Yeah, it won't be HI-FI stuff, but for my bedroom it should be fine. My main options (all powered or amplified or however it's called), until now, are:

-Logitech Z-2300
-Creative Gigaworks T40
-M-audio Studiophile AV 40
-M-audio Studiophile AV 30

By the way, I don't have an amplifier, and I suppose in that price range a speakers + amplifier combo is ruled out, but if anyone knows such a thing for max 200€, I'll look into it.

The Studiophile AV 40 is the best positioned option, but I'd like to listen what you people have to say!

Thank you!

Patrick
hi!

so, I assume nobody has a clue in that area? that's REALLY hard to believe! Wink
As you are in the US (right?) I'd suggest http://www.avsforum.com/

Might get more of a bite over there.

Good luck.
Hi,

No, I'm in the US (I'm lucky Big Grin). I live in Spain. I may ask over at AVsforums, but usually I don't like registering in the forums to only ask a question and then dissapear.
Logitech ones look reasonable... THX certified to... but you would probably get more info from an AV or PC Gaming forum? you can just surf in without joining... I just searched on the Logitech ones and theres alot of reviews... they get a good rating too.
This would be a great option if you can pay 39€ extra...

http://www.thomann.de/es/behringer_b2030...onitor.htm
It really depends what you want

M-audio are the closest thing you will get to hifi/av sound for your money.

Logitech speakers are held in high regard by PC gamers and PC magazines as they produce a booming bass, but for people who are serious about Sound quality will want something more refined, controlled and with a better tonal balance.

I have heard good things about the Gigaworks, but would still go with the M-audio if you want sound quality.