Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Live] Browsing Folders -> Many are not visible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

im new in Linux. Im running beta4 Live great so far but there are one or two things i cant work out.

Im using aeon mq-2 and want to assign a folder to my movie and music homescreen menu. So i go to settings, into the backdrop option. Click on Music and choose down for an image folder. Now i get the Home Folder and the Root.

The Problem is: The Music Fanart is located in /home/bigbear/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart which i cant see. In Home/bigbear/ i just see pictures, videos, music (i guess since the .xbmc is hidden?!). How can i make this visible in the Image Folder Browser?

The next Thing are Backdrops for TV Series and Movies. I got these on a network share. I cant access this one neither. Same Problem: Only Home Folder and Root.

I appreciate any help with this issues!

Thanks a bunch
Yes its hidden. Directories in linux .whatever is a hidden file or folder.

I dont use your skin but in Confluence its system ---> Settings ---> Appearance---> File Lists ---> Show Hidden files folders.
Your second problem may be a permissions issue. Add the shared location and enter a password if need be.
Thanks FishOil, the hidden Files! Im so stupid... Never occured to me to change that setting. With that setting i should see the .xbmc and so on folder.

The share works great (its the same as my movies) in the video-database via add source, but in the "choose image folder for backdrops" folder, there is no Add Source button. I just get "Home Folder" and "Root" but i would have to got to smb://servername/share like it is possible in the videos section.

any idea about that?
Two things come to mind

You can transfer the backdrop files the the local location (home).

Or you can create a link or mount the share to a folder under home.
thanks, i put a link there. so you learn something about linux while installing a htpc Smile