Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't create smart playlist!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Folks,

from what I read over many different topics here, some people have the same issue.

Using Dharma 4 and Windows 7, I am unable to create or edit a smart playlist. It just does nothing when Pressing return on "New smart playlist"

Here's the debug log:

http://pastebin.com/x9yN4HT5

it clearly says this:

Quote:19:13:22 T:3664 M:1267675136 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(newsmartplaylist) in newsmartplaylist://movie.tbn/
19:13:22 T:3664 M:1267675136 WARNING: XFILE::CFactoryDirectory::Create - Unsupported protocol(newsmartplaylist) in newsmartplaylist://

Maybe we can gather information here that helps to resolve the problem.
It is not just you Spaggi...I have started several threads on this as well and it seems quite a few are having this problem but I haven't seen a developer chime in yet...

If any Devs want some background on this...

Here is a recent thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84542

This one ends up going there too: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76717&page=3

And if you want to check out the last few posts on this thread you will see the start of my problem: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83789
i've tried to repro this several times. no matter what i do, it works exactly as expected, in all windows. so... either it's a windows-only issue or there's something particular to your setups/how you do things.
Thanks for the response Spiff.

What can I tell you about my environment to help you narrow it down? This happens on both of my systems and the second one was a fresh build and one of the first things I tried the first day it was up was creating a smart playlist since that was the issue I was having on the first system. It did not work there too.

Here are the basics:

Win7 64Bit
XBMC Dharma Beta 4
Core i3-530

Since you can't reproduce it, if you would like to Teamviewer into my system to see the problem firsthand you are more than welcome to.

EDIT: BTW, I am using Night, but tried this in every skin supported in Beta4 and it happens in all of them including Confluence.
spiff Wrote:i've tried to repro this several times. no matter what i do, it works exactly as expected, in all windows. so... either it's a windows-only issue or there's something particular to your setups/how you do things.

Spiff - whilst your looking at this could you also check out http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85127 - smart playlist related too and i would say a bug.
the ticket is more than enough. that's hardly a deal breaker bug and i have more important stuff on my list.
spiff Wrote:the ticket is more than enough. that's hardly a deal breaker bug and i have more important stuff on my list.

Only meant to confirm this wasn't expected behaviour - not necessarily fix it.
Thanks for the consideration Spiff. May not be a dealbreaker, but it's there in the program as a feature, therefore should work or at the very least be able to have a developer give it a casual glance and maybe and estimate of when it could be worked on.
As it is, I get the feeling that you have cast it aside as "not important enough" for you to look at. That's fine, I can't code and you can. However you should know that what may not be important to you, may be an important feature for those of us that would like to use it.
Thanks anyway,
Mark
you have no idea the amount of bugs and issues i fix that i don't give a rats ass about personally. that's just low.
Cmon guys, please don't have beef here.

Maybe we can confirm here that it's a windows related issue?
Why does it think this is a path?

newsmartplaylist://movie.tbn/
Spaggi Wrote:Cmon guys, please don't have beef here.

Maybe we can confirm here that it's a windows related issue?

Getting the same problem on Linux. I created my first smart playlist just about an hour ago, now that I try to create a 2nd I get no response when I click the "New smart playlist..." item. No log detail when I click the menu item, but I get the following when I enter the playlist menu.

Not really prepared to delete my first playlist to see if that allows me to make a new one -- first one works after all, and is better than nothing. Smile

Ubuntu 10.10 with Dharma beta4 from the ppa

Code:
20:01:08 T:2537507696 M:3498139648 WARNING: CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(newsmartplaylist) in newsmartplaylist://movie.tbn/
20:01:08 T:2537507696 M:3498139648 WARNING: Create - Unsupported protocol(newsmartplaylist) in newsmartplaylist://
20:01:08 T:2537507696 M:3498139648   DEBUG: Thread 2537507696 terminating
20:01:08 T:3020785536 M:3496108032   DEBUG: HttpApi Start command: GetCurrentlyPlaying  paras: GetCurrentlyPlaying;  ; ; ;true
Spaggi Wrote:Hello Folks,

from what I read over many different topics here, some people have the same issue.

Using Dharma 4 and Windows 7, I am unable to create or edit a smart playlist. It just does nothing when Pressing return on "New smart playlist"

Here's the debug log:

http://pastebin.com/x9yN4HT5

it clearly says this:

Quote:19:13:22 T:3664 M:1267675136 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(newsmartplaylist) in newsmartplaylist://movie.tbn/
19:13:22 T:3664 M:1267675136 WARNING: XFILE::CFactoryDirectory::Create - Unsupported protocol(newsmartplaylist) in newsmartplaylist://

Maybe we can gather information here that helps to resolve the problem.

1. by the looks of it, it's a normal log, not a Debug Log
2. smart playlists work fine on my end, though i also see the movie.tbn warning in my log, so this might be unrelated.
3. could you pastebin the contents of this file: C:\Users\Axel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\video\test.xsp
i have same issue but mine now brings up the set contet screen. obviously a bug
My new install does this now too dirtymurt.

I just installed RC1 on a third machine just to see if I could get smart playlists to work and now a get a whole new bug...it brings up the set content box:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Pages: 1 2