Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Regex to detect Show.Name.S05E02 ....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have my shows automatically downloaded via RSS, to the following folder:

/media/store2/TV Shows (RSS)/Desperate.Housewives.S07E03.Truly.Content.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-LP.mkv

How can I get XBMC to detect these? Rather than have them in /Show Name/Season/File.mkv its easier to do it in one flat folder, like this.

A few other filenames, as examples...

American_Dad.5x08.G-String.Circus.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.h.264-TjHD.mkv
Caprica.S01E13.False.Labor.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.h.264-TjHD.mkv
American Dad! S06E01 100 A.D._ Pt. 1 720p WEB-DL DD5.1 H.264 - HoodBag.mkv
The.Simpsons.S22E01.Elementary School Musical.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-LP.mkv
Smallville.S10E07.Ambush.720p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H264-SURFER.nfo

etc.

Can anyone explain how to achieve this? For now I'm having navigate manually... Sad

Thanks Big Grin
you cannot store shit in a flat layout. it's that simple.
spiff Wrote:you cannot store shit in a flat layout. it's that simple.
Why the fuck not? D:
because any heuristics trying to decide which show a file is part of based on file names will always be error prone. remember, you're dealing with dumb devices that cannot think. it's easy for a human, it's very hard to do reliably using logic.
whatever before .S**E** = show name? it can't be that hard?! my RSS can do it, surely almighty XBMC can manage...?!
you're not reading what i wrote.

filenames like p-tng-s01e01.avi is far from uncommon - deal with that using your scheme. you can't. thus we only support the non-error-prone version rather than trying to support something we know will only lead to bugs, exceptions and support nightmares.

you are welcome to write yourself a patch to support your scheme ofc, but it won't ever go near svn.
spiff Wrote:you're not reading what i wrote.

filenames like p-tng-s01e01.avi is far from uncommon - deal with that using your scheme. you can't. thus we only support the non-error-prone version rather than trying to support something we know will only lead to bugs, exceptions and support nightmares.

you are welcome to write yourself a patch to support your scheme ofc, but it won't ever go near svn.
well if you read what I wrote, im not looking for implementation in SVN. i just want to achieve this myself, with a custom regex or such, for the listed filenames. filenames like p-tng-s01e01.avi are far from common, from where i source my files.

regards
and i told you it's not possible using a regexp. flat folders are NOT supported. not with an expression, not without an expression. you have to code it yourself if you want this.
Okay, could you point me in the right direction of writing my own script, etc. to do this? I'm not even sure how I'd start - does it need to be an actual plugin? Like the TV scrapers?

Cheers
If you're willing to code it yourself, why don't you just write a script to move the files into season folders?
Which torrent client are you using?
YodaEXE Wrote:If you're willing to code it yourself, why don't you just write a script to move the files into season folders?

Because then I wouldn't be able to seed.

0wing Wrote:Which torrent client are you using?

I'm using rtorrent on ubuntu linux with rutorrent frontend.