Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Windows] Audio (w/videos) SPDIF/Analog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SETUP: Windows 7 64 bit, Acer Revo 3700, "Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1" -USB soundcard

I got the sound card because a-it allows for 5.1 passthrough, which the spdif output on the revo appeared not to, and it outputs sound to both spdif and analog (through the headphone jack) at the SAME time. XBMC outputs sound to both devices during the menu screen, and while playing music. ** However, as soon as I throw on a MOVIE, it will only output one sound or the other depending on the passthrough i set in settings**

A-why does this only affect movies?

B- is there an easy fix for this? I saw some coding in the linux forums, is there a similiar solution for xbmc windows 7 users?

Thanks for the input!
bump
are you sure its doesnt forward through spdif?

i wanna buy the 3700 over the 3610 because of the spdif and no need für coax->spdif adapter..
plz someone check this XD
The Revo 3700 DOES forward through spdif (BUT only in 2 channel audio)

It also does not allow you to output simultaneously with spdif AND analog connections

Thats why i obtained the soundblaster 5.1 external audio card for it... it outputs 5.1 over spdif, and can simultaneously output through its headphone jack to an analog input.

But XBMC won't allow this for movies (somehow only outputs to SPDIF or ANALOG depending on your selection)... even though windows now will Sad
well who wants wants simultaneously 2 outputs XD

so it doesnt forward untouched dts/dd/thx track for the recevier to decode??

thats strange o_O
yea well when you're trying to output surround sound to a receiver and analog to a switch for zones throughout the house (at the same time for multiple viewers) its an issue Angry and yes i think it only outputs 2 speaker sound, even when hooked up in spdif thats all the realtek soundcard seemed to be able to do
bump