Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Changing XBMC sort options...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to have XBMC use the date a file or folder was created as the criteria to add to recently added items?

In other words, I have all of my video files on my server. Windows keeps a record of date created and date last modified. Is there any way to use the date created as the means to sort Ito recently added items, instead of the date added to the xbmc library?

Everytime something goes wrong with my XBMC Live box, it rebuilds the library and I lose my recently added items. I know I should back up my userdata folder, but I didn't. Now my recently added items are reverse alphabetical, since that is the "newest" file added to the xbmc library.

Is there any thing I can do?
sorry, bump.
I had a quick scan through my database using the SQL Lite browser from http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/ and I can't see anything that looks like a file created date. Actually I can't see anything that looks like a "date added" field either.

Anyhow, it doesn't look as if the database contains the file creation date so I doubt it could sort by it. However, if anyone hereabouts knows where the "date added" is stored you could probably throw together a Python script to read the file creation date and save this into the database in place of the date added. That would neatly fix your problem.

JR