Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remove settings from main menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Jeroen,

If you're working on the home menu any chance of a toggle for the Settings option please? I can access settings just by pressing Info on my Harmony so would love to be able to remove it.

Cheers!

Justin
Hi Soul,
Say the user removes settings by accident there is no way to correct it, so settings really needs to stay.

Greetings,
Jeroen
Settings is available in the "s" menu (I don't know the official name) so settings are always accessible within a button press.

I also prefer a home menu without things like settings and shutdown options.

But, "het is jouw feestje", we always can modify the xml's ourselves.
salival Wrote:Settings is available in the "s" menu (I don't know the official name) so settings are always accessible within a button press.

The shutdown menu loads an include which contains the home menu itself. So if it's removed from the home menu, it's removed from the shutdown menu.
Ah, that changes things.
My Info button on my remote takes me straight to Settings. So there must be a keypress bound directly to that?

I didn't set that up so it must be standard (at least on a Harmony).
its a shame theres not an xbmc addon that allows you to change the controls on a remote, this would make it easier than changing the settings through sftp