Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Auto set refresh rate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I really like XBMC for Windows but I have one really pain in the ass problem.
When I want to watch a HD movie my refresh rate for windows 7 needs to go to 24. When I want to watch a DVD movie it has to go to 50.

I have to do these each time by hand. Leaving xbmc, change refresh rate through screen settings. Go back to XMBC and start the movie.

There must be another way to do this right. I guess a lot of people has this problem.

Could someone tell me how to mange this please. I have searched the forum but could not find it.

Many many thanks in advance!
There is a setting called "Adjust display refresh rate to match video"... might be what you are looking for Wink
yellowman Wrote:There is a setting called "Adjust display refresh rate to match video"... might be what you are looking for Wink

Sorry I am a real newbie to this *shameing* do you have a link for me please?
it's a setting inside xbmc...
I have read some threads and I think there is already an option in xbmv but I can not seem to find it.
Am I right? Is it already there? if so could someone tell me where to find it?
Thanks!
Settings > Video
Thanks for all the help! It reads the properties from the file or do I have to put something in the filename?
Set it and it will do the rest.
really great!
Hm, I have a strange problem. XBMC is changing the refresh rate on the type of movie, cool!
But some movies will not play smooth. I found out what it is. My TV supports 23 and 24 mode.
The movies which does not run smooth on 23 are running smooth on 24!

Is there a way to have XBMC go to 24 for all movies which normal would go to 23? Or even better, can it be overruled by putting something in the filename lie _24h_ or something?

I do not want my kids to change the refresh rate by themselfs Big Grin
Try disabling Aero first. Unless your source material is real 24fps, 23 (23.96 actual) is a better match to playback film material.
Ok I will try that first. How to do that?

When I look at this page (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-v...ows-vista/) I just have to choose the Windows 7 Basic layout and aero will be disabled?
A less intrusive way (unless you want Aero off all the time) is to disable desktop composition in the properties of the .exe/shortcut. (Compabitility tab).
CrystalP Wrote:A less intrusive way (unless you want Aero off all the time) is to disable desktop composition in the properties of the .exe/shortcut. (Compabitility tab).

Thanks!