Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Thumb issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello folks,

I added several movies to xbmc today and noticed the thumbs for the movies are only scrren grabs.

Normally it would be the dvd cover/poster.

Whats the issue here, is it a scraper problem or my own issue?

thanks Smile
There's was an issue with themoviedb earlier, but this has been resolved - try a fresh scan.
hello,

thanks for the reply. tried again today. I do one film at a time and still not recieving the right picture.

dont understand why it wont show dvd covers anymore!!

thanks again folks
Things change and it takes a bit for scrapers to catch up. Embers IMDB scraper is currently broke as well.
Humpz22 Wrote:hello,

thanks for the reply. tried again today. I do one film at a time and still not recieving the right picture.

dont understand why it wont show dvd covers anymore!!

thanks again folks
So you are scraping other information OK, just not getting the correct/expected Poster. Care to elaborate, or provide specific examples.
hello,

thanks for the reply.

I can scrape tv shows no problem. Its when i add any new movie to my library and look for it, it just shows an image from the film instead of the dvd cover image. I still get the background image though.

Even when i look for additonal thumbs theres none!

thanks

Ian
I also have exactly the same problem. instead of showing movie cover, it shows screenshot of movie(or whatever). tried deleting MyVideos34.db and change scrapers(from imdb to rotten tomatoes), still the same problem. any help? what other media manager that can be used with xbmc that support imdb?(ember imdb scraper is broken).

thanks.
found the solution. remove *.nfo files from movie folder
hi public enemy, where would i find said file? i dont have that file in any of my movies?

thanks
Humpz22 Wrote:hi public enemy, where would i find said file? i dont have that file in any of my movies?

thanks

make sure to clean movie folder from files that xbmc use for scraping. some example are *.nfo files, jpg files, tbn files(i think thats all). delete this file. delete xbmc movie database file. rescrape. should be ok.
publicENEMY Wrote:make sure to clean movie folder from files that xbmc use for scraping. some example are *.nfo files, jpg files, tbn files(i think thats all). delete this file. delete xbmc movie database file. rescrape. should be ok.

Thanks but i'm still confused.

My movie folder where my films are stored only has movies in it, there is no extra files in it.

im confused by what you mean but really appreicite your help.
Humpz22 Wrote:Thanks but i'm still confused.

My movie folder where my films are stored only has movies in it, there is no extra files in it.

im confused by what you mean but really appreicite your help.

could be the file are hidden? did you have a text file containing imdb info or anything?
publicENEMY Wrote:could be the file are hidden? did you have a text file containing imdb info or anything?

no not where i keep my movies. do you mean in xbmc files or where i keep my movies?

My movies are in there own folders in a folder called movies
anybody help, ive tried everything.

im not that great with this programme at all, if it can be explained nice and simple i have a chance lol

thanks
Humpz22 Wrote:Hello folks,

I added several movies to xbmc today and noticed the thumbs for the movies are only scrren grabs.

Normally it would be the dvd cover/poster.

Whats the issue here, is it a scraper problem or my own issue?

thanks Smile

what version of xbmc are you using? camelot? dharma? most screen grab issues are because there are no cover exist for the movie on the scraper site(imdb or tmdb). if you have movie information on the movie folder, that also can cause scraper problem(wrong movie). delete/move txt/nfo/xml file on the folder. in order to make help the scraper find the proper movie, name the movie folder like this <movie name> <year>. eg Inception (2010). if you have trouble scraping/renaming folder, consider using third party tools for scraping. i recommend ember media manager. make sure the see the settings first and learn all the parameters for optimal results. update the scraper first by downloading scraper add on by rogue(theres a add on button on ember). use this to generate movie.nfo, fanart.jpg, folder.jpg. when finished scraping, make sure that all movie are correctly scraped(correct info, correct title, correct cover etc.) before importing to xbmc, remove movie database by deleting mymovie34.db(if i remember correctly). try with a folder with smaller number of movies to test your settings/scraping/rename etc. testing to scrape with huge number of folders could take days. its annoying when you find out that you have inccorect settings days later.

hope this helps.
Pages: 1 2