Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: imon vfd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello to everyone,is there a standalone driver for imon vfd?i am running ubuntu 10.04 and xbmc i have allready a working remote (xbox dvd kit) and i want to use and the vfd display
why do you need a standalone driver? just install lcdproc. if you have the remote working than you already have driver for lcd/vfd working.

the only thing that might be a problem is that the driver has a bug (as far as i know still not solved since years) that it produces one or other currupted chars on vfd screen. this is cause current pcs are too fast. the send function to write data to the vfd puts data to fast to for the vfd. there was a patch that inserted a sleep into the send function of the driver but i couldnt find it anymore. maybe if you search a bit

in case of newer kernel (2.6.35 or newer) the imon drivers are in the kernel.

good luck. if you get yozr vfd working without the mentioned bug let me know it pls. i also have an imon vfd.
iMON VFD device (ID: 15c2:0036) produces one or other currupted chars on vfd screen i fix that http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/showpo...ostcount=7 now is working fine but now i have another problem i can't power on/off my pc from remote.if unplug the power cord from psu i can power on from remote just pressing the power button but when xbmc starts and press again power button on remote nothing hapens,any idea?