Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem reading XBMC\system\scrapers\video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the current Dharma RC1 build running on Windows 7 Ult x86.

None of the default scrapers in XBMC\system\scrapers\video are showing up in XBMC.

When I "set content" on a source I can chose between (None), (Movies), (TV Shows), and (Music Videos).

Movies = The MovieDB
TV Shows = The TVDB
Music Videos = MTV

I've been searching for hours and it seems as if the scrapers in the scrapers\video folder should automatically show up under the (Movies) section because the content is set to movies in the xml file.

Furthermore, I have searched the long list of scrapers under System -> Video -> Scrapers -> Click Default Movie Scraper -> Click Get More. None of the scrapers in the scrapers\video folder appear in this list either.

Is there a setting I am missing that tells xbmc to load the scrapers\video folder?
If you want to add more scrapers then add more via addons.

There is nothing in system/scrapers anymore.
Is it still possible to write my own scraper and manually load it into xbmc?
of course, you just have to add the add-on fluff (addon.xml etc - see the wiki or just monkey one of the others).
Thank you Spiff, GBD. :]
Is there an easy way utilize the scrapers defined in system/scrapers/video? There are a few sitting there that look like what I am after, and fussing about with XML files seems overly complicated? I am new to XBMC, so be gentle Smile
There is no system/scrapers/video folder anymore. Almost all the scrapers that still work are one click away in the addon manager.
Thanks. The default assortment of scrapers seems to work great for TV shows and movies, but there are a six scrapers in that folder, three of which look useful and do not appear in the add-ons list. Are they obsolete to the point of not being resurrected or is there something I can do to magic them into the add-on list?

The scrapers I am after are: adultfilmdatabase.xml, adultdvdempire.xml and adultcdmovies.xml. Realistically, probably any one of them would do.